Mobile networks vs MVNO's

As said elsewhere, I have just moved from Plusnet (via EE), to EE direct, taking my original number with me. The switch itself went through smoothly enough - new sim, new temporary number, the temporary number for 24 hours and now back on my original number.

Smooth, until it came to loading and setting up the EE app on my phone, so I can keep track of my 5Gb of data credit use. Setting that up was an absolute nightmare, it took me an hour of trying to type on a tiny phone screen, very frustrating. I ended up typing my email address in close to 7 times, a 12 digit password in 3 times, fighting popups, checking sent codes, adding pin numbers. Why 12 digits plus pin? It's more security than any of my banks, it's just a phone for CS...

Having set up the app, I still cannot find where in the My EE app, it gives any details about my data usage, minutes, or texts.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Apparently, they have a 1p SiM?

Need to look it up.

I've heard of them, yes. Not sure about what they offer. I'm currently with Popit Mobile (another MVNO) and they run off the EE network. No issues thus far though. I will say that the connection's better than what I received with Three (y)

Sponsored Links
I just switched to 02. £6 for 6gig data and unlimited texts and calls.
Because I'm with virgin media I get double data.
That's 12gig of data and unlimited texts and calls for £6pm

I'm going to switch other family to same deal I think.

Phone app is accurate vs the phone settings which is not. Always use the figures from your account if things start to get tight.

Lebara are £6.75 for unlimited/unlimited/15GB data, and no contract. Cancel any time.

Which is more expensive/you get less, than I do with EE. Popit £6 =unlimited, unlimited, no data at all. On EE £6 = unlimited, unlimited, 5Gb data.
Yes, however, we are allowed to use 100GB whilst roaming in EU. No charges or capped data. That's the main reason we switched.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back