Mobile networks vs MVNO's

I still had 5Gb of data left as of yesterday and they rolled 4Gb of it over today and I start the month with 8Gb so it looks like they only roll over a max of 4Gb each month. Still more than I use or need though.

Sponsored Links
Had a keyboard chat with a lady in India this week and she told me that Three and Smarty use different technology so are not the same hence the price difference. Wonder what she didnt tell me.

Moved wifes from Vodafone, £54/month to Lebara sim only, £6.95/month for larger data allowance, still on the Vodafone network. Half price for first three months, so less than £3.50, and free roaming.

Sponsored Links
Looking around, most MVNO's offer a better deal than the network company they use. Weird or what?

if they didn't, nobody would use them.

the telecomms trade is ludicrously profitable, and the network owners can afford to sell off some of their capacity at wholesale rates to make a quick buck.

the speed and availability of data may differ.

customer service will differ

you may find that quality and speed differ, especially at times of high demand, because the owner may give priority to their own customers.

I don't imagine a reseller would take out a contract to pay extra for higher priority.

I still had 5Gb of data left as of yesterday and they rolled 4Gb of it over today and I start the month with 8Gb so it looks like they only roll over a max of 4Gb each month. Still more than I use or need though.
Im on iD and they rolled over 12GB for me this month. You can only roll over usage for one month, then you either use it or it expires.

Im on iD and they rolled over 12GB for me this month. You can only roll over usage for one month, then you either use it or it expires.

I’m only on a 4Gb data plan though - you must be on more to have that amount to roll over?

Just pumps, interesting that there is a difference between Three and Smarty.

Updating, I had no worries roaming in Spain, but I still haven't seen any 5G.

Mottie....how are you getting on with ID?

I'm still on Pn, via EE. Ring them and it connects to what is EE's support in Liverpool, judging by the accents. Ring Pn in regards to broadband, I get the south Yorkshire accent. It had increased gradually to £6.85, unlimited, unlimited, 4Gb, but there was a better cheaper Pn mobile tariff available with just a click. Now on £6.00 pm, unlimited, unlimited, 5Gb. £6.00 pm is back to where I first subscribed with Pn, but with I think 2Gb a few years ago, after moving from a PAYgo deal...

It was cheaper to be on a mobile contract for all calls, and make use of that for all outgoing calls - than pay for the unlimited landline calls, as well as being more convenient.

Got current phone on a contract, vodafone, far more data than I need, looked a great price. I'm slightly "between cells" so it's not great, but other suppliers are similar.
BUT
fonehouse cheated . The advert said s20fe5g. I ordered one, fine. When 5g came to town, I discovered it's a 4g phone. They say that's what I ordered. Of course the ad's gone now - it didn't mention 4g.
Wife's phone is 5g and I can't tell a difference, not downloading big files.
I've heard 5g uses more power too, so never mind, dammit, these things happen. It's still an OK price.

Can’t fault plus net …..unlimited calls , text and 5gb data per month for £7.50. Never use all the data ….and it’s got a £11 buffer to cover if I go over …

Can’t fault plus net …..unlimited calls , text and 5gb data per month for £7.50. Never use all the data ….and it’s got a £11 buffer to cover if I go over …

You need to look on their site, you could be getting that same deal for £6.00. I wasn't aware of any £11 buffer, but I rarely use much of my data - I have it connected to my broadband wifi at home.

Mottie....how are you getting on with ID?
Working fine. I’m on a 4Gb data (unlimited calls and texts) for £6. It rolls over up to 4Gb data every month. I don’t use much data so if at the end of my month I have 7Gb still left, it will only roll over 4 Gb so I start the month with 8Gb. Oh, and on my iPhone, it has Wifi calling too so if you have a poor phone signal, as long as you are on a Wifi network, it automatically switches to Wifi calling for no extra. Currently I have 4.1Gb left and in 1 day it will roll over 4Gb so I start again with 8Gb.

FC78008E-174A-42B9-BB72-FB8804376C1C.jpeg

Just an update. I.D. Mobile still working fine but as I’m spending a bit more time at work, I’m using more data as I run the workshop TV through my firestick plus when I’m travelling to West London or Stratford on the train, I watch or download tv and films and I have the internet radio on when walking to and from the station. I have the TV on in the background in my workshop so I've upgraded my sim contract and now pay £8 a month on a 30 day rolling contract with 20Gb data allowance. That also rolls over if not used. No chance of running out of data now!

Mottie, any long term update on ID please? Need to move my network, thinking of these guys.(y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back