Mobile phone masts

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Pensdown said:
Hacman said:
How much do they pay?

About 6K per

keep saving the income and it will just about pay for the cancer care for the whole family. They will probably need in 10 years time with a 3g mast stuck in your back yard.

:LOL: i'd get one if i didn't like my neighbours.

If they start having wild parties every night, loud music, dogs barking etc, wack one of these beasties at the bottom of the garden, they'll soon know who's boss!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

One disguised as a tree near York.....

my.php

http://img303.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imag00095lp.jpg

Also, IMHO, you are at no more danger of radiation from phone masts than you are from light bulbs. If there were any risk, it would come from the phone, not the mast, but I don't think there's any risk in that either.

johnny_t said:
http://img303.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imag00095lp.jpg
yeah, the most convicing tree ever. Its like . . so lifelike and real-looking!

Why bother? IMO, a straight mast "monopole?" is less obtrusive than this monopole disguised as a tree!

you may all snigger at this post of mine but here goes....

Do you watch the programme, judge John DEED?

Fiction Toffee dear you may be thinking...

but they had an episode on about masts and the damage to families around the masts and the political involvement.

I am not a scientist doing research and so like most people, all I can do is read different reports and decide to believe the one I choose to like best.
On the basis that I am not an expert in this field, so my belief in one view or an another opposing view is not based on my own knowledge, it is based on the report I choose to want to believe and no other reason.

I have major concerns about masts and the health of mobile phone users (me, though granted I cross my fingers and hope for the best) and also for those services using radios affiliated to masts.

I dont hold out in getting the truth.

Just a couple of points to ponder then....

1) What makes you worry about mobile phone transmitters working at tens of watts at the most, but not, for example, TV transmitters working at several kW, except for through watching Judge John Deed. Or indeed overhead cables, come to that. I'd be more worried about having an electricity meter near a child's bedroom if you want something else to worry about.

2) What makes you worry about mobile phone masts, rather than mobile phones, given that the incident radiation on your head is far greater than from one of those than it is from a mast

3) Actually, if you were worried about radiation, it is best to be as close to a mast as possible. Given that the radiation from a phone is much greater than you will experience from a mast, and the fact that your phone will have an automatic transmit level control, so that it transmits less power (and saves battery) the nearer it is to a mast thus saving your head.

4) Given that mobile phones are so widely used, with almost universal usage, and have also been about for a sufficient ammount of time, there would have been a massive increase in head cancer by now. And there hasn't been.

5) And really don't worry about the backhaul radios (round dishes) mounted on the phone masts - They are much higher frequency and have to work on very precise alignments. They have pencil thin beams that come nowhere near the ground.

6) No study has found any link between Mobile Phones and radiation. Its just that they all tend to hedge their bets at the end as everyone is scared of giving an absolute go ahead.

7) And whilst I'm at it, if there was any possibility that using your phone on a plane was going to cause it to turn right, then you would not be allowed anywhere near an airport with one. The only reason you aren't allowed to use them on planes is because it would mess with the ground-software for handing over from cell to cell

8) And don't even get me started on using a phone on a garage forecourt. They're just scared that there may be some interference with the pumps and someone might get free petrol. Invisible spark, my eye.

9) Bit more subjective this, but I've spent the last twenty years working in RF and Microwave, and I'm fine. Honest. Just fine.....

you have an advantage on me... you seem to have a knowledge on the subject.

I dont.
I only have media reports and tv programmes and work place discussions to go off.

You ask me why Im concerned...
I dont know because I dont know how all these things work.
What I know is;
I read or listen to radio and tv and hear that I should be concerned... so naturally, I question whether these things are safe...
I can only rely on what im told ..

OK. No offence meant but, from your various posts, you do seem to maybe have more of a leaning to listening to the voices of alarm though. Too much worrying doesn't do you any good.....

I saw something on the subject once on Tonight With Trevor McDonald once, where some family were claiming to suffer from depression and migraine because of a mast near there house (real cause - worrying about said mast because Trevor and his ilk made them worry about it in the first place !!) and they were walking round their house with some contraption that was meant to be like a microwave Geiger counter, that looked like it had been knocked up with about a tenner's worth of bits from RS and then sold to them for about £400 once they'd been identified as gullible. Makes me cross......

yes.
I voice on here lots of my concerns and I freely admit that I do give air time to alarming view points.
(in my defence, I have had 'incidents' happen to me that some have never known, this makes me feel vulnerable)

I am open to suggestion and will always listen to views in order to gain a better insight into any given subject.

Also, I have found that a lot of my friends and colleagues (sadly sometimes only in private, hold the same views as me) but wont admit it.

I hold fears for my childrens safety on the internet.. as I know that sinister stuff happens.. close to where I live too.
I am ignorant of computers so seek advice.

I have personally experienced someone in my house... FEAR

I have experienced fear of being alone for at least a mile with a total odd ball knowing that if they wanted to wipe out my life, they could ... being stronger than I etc..

I know what you are saying...

I do absorb a lot and think about it, needing further answers on it...

but in fairness to me, some of my fear is based on reality that alot here have no.. absolutely no... comprehension of.

Morning.

I absolutely agree with you that you should always try to get to grips with a subject if its worrying you but, in the case of masts, the vast majority of studies show there to be nothing to worry about and people still worry. It would be lazy of me to blame a scare-mongering press, but I will anyway (trying desperately to think of some conspiracy whereby someone like Rupert Murdoch would have a vested interest in inhibiting mobile phone take-up, though I can't right at the moment)

http://www.mcw.edu/gcrc/cop/cell-phone-health-FAQ/toc.html has a fairly good (though lengthy) Q&A section if you get a dull moment and fancy some reading. My favourite line from the whole thing is:

The only specific cause of death that correlated with use of hand-held mobile phones was death from motor vehicle collisions.

(Apologies for flitting about between masts and handsets, but if you're worried about one then you ought to be worried about the other)

Sponsored Links
Back