mobile phones ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
has any one noticed that when a mobile phone rings in the pub/asda etc....
they always let it ring for about 2mins (polyphonic disco/rap music)it seems that the person wants you to look @ them when they answer & think f*** me thats a small phone, what a cool ringtone.not.
as for texting,why can'nt they ring each other up instead?
i went in to trade my old mobile in last week & all i got was "do you text"
"do you want polyphonic sound" "do you want 2 colour screens" "do you want games on it " "do you want a camera fitted" when i replied can you ring people up? i don't they relised i was be sarcastic. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I thought this was a habit that died along with the novelty of most people having mobiles. I am sure we have all been sat on a train with some gimp going through all his ringtones!

Alas, there seems to have been a ringtone annoyance revival.

Although it isn't just mobiles... anyone here who works in an open plan office will understand what I mean when I say I hate people who have their desk phone on maximum volume and let it ring several times before picking up... "dude, the phone is just there, by your hand!". Then there are those who, when the person isn't there, lets it ring and ring and ring. Seriously, on Friday I timed 5 minutes. It got to a point where I was going to pick up and leave the handset on the desk, but that would be admitting defeat. :LOL:

Ringtones and text messages are a great way to fleece teenagers for every penny they have. I despair for those of you with teenagers, constantly moaning they haven't got any credit on their phone because they spent it all on the latest ringtone. Just look at the number of ads they have on MTV, they must be raking it in. :confused:

Another strange phenomenon. Why is it that people on the other end of a phone line are given priority over those that that are present in person.

The number of times I've been in a car spares shop, Half way through describing my problem the phone will ring. The assistant then says, scuse a minute. Answers the phone, talks through the callers problem to it's conclution, then comes back to me. The phone rings again, once again, he says "sorry, I'll just have to get this" etc..

During one of these occurances, I got so frustrated, that when he came back to me, I said, "scuse me just a second", got out my mobile phone, phoned the shop, and did the rest of the transaction face to face with our phones to our ear.

It also happened to me at a chip shop recently. Half way through wrapping my order, the phone rings and the girl says. "Just a minute, I'll just get that". She then packs all the stuff for the caller, gives it to her collegue, comes back to me and says. "Sorry, it'll be another 10minutes for chips, we've just run out". I then asked for a pen and wrote down my order and address and said. "If he can't be bothered to collect his order, nor can I. Bring them around to me when they're done!" and walked out. They never turned up though. (just as well, I got a chinese on the way home).

Sponsored Links
I agree with you, and it's annoying. I can (sort of) see where they're coming from though. If you phoned your local takeaway, and they picked up the phone and said "hold on 10 minutes while I serve the people in the shop", what would you think? I guess that while you're standing there they have a captive audience, the people on the phone have the option to go elsewhere. It's rude (undoubtedly), but it's business.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Oi'll be editing again then... I am 'an unable to speak Inter-courser !' ;)

ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
SORRY PIP.I WAS TALKING TO CUSTOMERS & ANSWERING THE PHONE. :)

Only to find you were talking to yourself !! Has happened .. misdial -answer phone ......ohmygodwhathave-I-done ;)

P

pipme said:
Edit :oops:

Life's a b i t c h .. and then we die !! ;)

P
and the troubles don't stop even then ! it's just we don't care anymore (re the digging up of graves after a short time to make way for more famous people, politicians as described in a news article some time back)

Sponsored Links
Back