Mobile phone Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you buy a phone and contract from a mobile phone shop on the high street. Is there any consumer rights?

Sponsored Links
Ive swapped networks from ee to 3.
Got phone.
Is there a cooling off period

Just thinking it's more hassle than it's worth switching.

I'm a little worried that my number won't switch. It's important that I keep my original number.

PAC won't go over till Monday.

I'm not 100% sure, but it might be very difficult to reverse a PAC.

Have you called 3?

I must say though, I've ported loads of times and never had an issue.

Sponsored Links
Looks like you're too late. You should probably check these FAQs yourself, though. I've just done a port for the first time and it went without a hitch.

As regards cancelling your phone, I think if you signed up face to face you have fewer rights than if you signed up online or by phone.

https://www.three.co.uk/support/switching/help-with-switching-to-three#:~:text=Yes.,number transfer, please contact us.

Can I change or cancel my number transfer?​

Yes. You can change or cancel a transfer up until 17:00 on the working day before your transfer is due to take place. For example, if your transfer day is a Monday, you can change or cancel the move up until 17:00 on the previous Friday.

I'm not going to cancel. More of wondered., as I know if done online or by phone there is 14 days to cool off.

Just a little worried that because I started with 3 on Friday it'll not be until Monday that I swap. EE still haven't sent my PAC number.

Screenshot_20240127-220554.png

You should not have to wait....

You should be able to get it immediately.

You should not have to wait....

You should be able to get it immediately.

Because I have multiple phones it's not as easy as to do a text. I only want one PAC. The other 3 have adopted 3's numbers.

I don't understand.

You can only port one number from one SIM at a time.

Got phone.
What phone did you get? I get two networks on my phone. A '3' sim in my iPhone as well as a PAYG Lyca e-sim which runs on the EE network. I don’t get any better service on the EE network compared to the '3' network.

Last edited:
It depends where you are. In my postcode, EE have got a poor signal, 3 and Voda is better and O2 better still.

What phone did you get? I get two networks on my phone. A '3' sim in my iPhone as well as a PAYG Lyca e-sim which runs on the EE network. I don’t get any better service on the EE network compared to the '3' network.

I got the new 24 Ultra. It's a very good phone. My daughter is happy as she's got my old 21 ultra.

Will see tomorrow when I get my PAC from ee.

Sponsored Links
Back