Mobile phones

What else do you use the phone for? Unless you play games is it worth spending £500 on a phone?
A feature worth having is facial recognition - Although its not massively secure it allows unlocking when you have gloves on / wet and dirty fingers.

With the Xiaomi phones you will need to install the hidden settings app and remove a lot of the bloat that comes with the phones.
The phone I have has Dual SIM, although I don't use it! The only thing I don't like about it is you cant dim the torch light down like I can with the works Iphone and I have not worked out how to get google to control my house automation from the lock screen using voice...

Yeah I use it to do teams, and zoom meetings, which surprisingly require a lot of processing power, my current phone gets really hot and chews through the battery, 1x 30 min meeting can see the battery drain to 50%.

So really I want something that's dual SIM, more powerful than current phone, and can withstand some abuse and not just shatter even just looking at the floor which seems to be the case with curved phones and I phones.

I don't like cases as they bulk the phone out, but I am resigned that this is likely to be inevitable.

Sponsored Links
Ended up purchasing a realme x50 pro 5g

It's top of the line processor etc, and same price as the cat phone. Build quality is good screen is much better than the cat, and it came with a free bumper case, I'm pretty certain it will last as long as my Huawei did.

I did almost not buy a new phone, I got a new SIM from virgin then fought with ee to unlock the Huawei, then the very next day the digitizer went which then forced my hand into purchasing a new phone

Sponsored Links
Just ordered an ESim from Three for my iPhone SE. I can then slip a PAYG Sim in it for personal calls.
Well that was quick and reasonably painless. Ordered on the phone yesterday, arrived today, took a picture of the QR code and it self installed instantly. Still wasn’t working though after 2 hours, went onto Three online chat and it was up and running on the Three eSim within 10 minutes. Slipped an O2 nano sim in and all sorted. Two numbers on two different networks running at the same time. I can nominate either one to be the primary number.

Back