MODEM OR MASTER SOCKET SERIOUS CONNECTION ISSUES, HELP !!

I to am know having trouble with my talk talk broadband and so does one of my work mates , on reading this thread i am begining to think the common thread is talk talk ? i am know going to start the process of phonecalls , just as a footnote i have been with them for a year and a half approx but have only recently started having connection problems to my broadband .
Nicetoseeyou how are you getting on ? cheers mark

Sponsored Links
To howy1 an update on my Talktalk and broadband problems.
I do not give up that easy, oh, firstly yes ITS still happening. In the past weeks my internet has off more than on. ie: last night it just went off, not a thing was touched, the modem was left on, then suddenly on Wednesday it just came on again. And this is what it is like.
I was again given a SPECIAL NUMBER to ring which is the Second Line Help Team, and several times it has 'ESCALLATED TO" wait for it, their "TECH SOLULTIONS TEAM".
This morning someone finally came out. Yes, Sunday at 9am, he was a QUBE ENGINEER. He confirmed that there was nothing wrong with the equipment in our house and that it would now escallate to BT to check the line from the exchange.
Now, this is very strange. On Wednesday we received a phonecall. Our cordless phone was on its charger base, when the phone rang the internet connected. I had noticed this the other week but did not think this was a solution and that it was just a coincidence.
Last night, Saturday 10 July, the internet went off again. After the engineer having been this morning and waiting all day in the hope that BT might ring me (although I have been told this could be up to 72 hours), so at approx 5pm I placed our cordless phone on its charging base and rang it from my mobile. IMMEDIATELY the internet lights began flashing, I kept this ringing until I switched the PC on, in the hope of keeping it connected. I ended the call from my mobile and hey presto, here I am.
COULD THIS BE THE SOLUTION AND CAN ANYONE ENLIGHTEN ME ON THIS STRANGE HAPPENING.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

If the modem connects when you're on a voice call, it sounds like a filtering issue. Have you changed the micro-filter? Is everything still plugged into the test socket in your original master socket? Or the test socket in your new master socket? Or in the standard socket in your new master socket?

If you can log in to your modem and access the modem's control panel, you should be able to see the connection statistics, specifically some figures labelled "noise margin". If this margin is too low then you'll get reduced broadband speed and disconnection. Typically you'd need a noise margin of at least 6db to sustain any kind of stable connection - the hight the better. However, normally if you have a low noise margin you'd expect a crackly voice line too, hence the earlier questions from other posters about noise on the line.

If you're still getting disconnects when plugged into the master socket and you're sure that your microfilter and modem are ok, then the problem is outside of your wiring and lies with the BT network. Ultimately you'll need them to get on the case. Keep on to TT so that they will push for BT to attend to the problem. They will likely fix it at the exchange rather than at your property, so it's quite likely that you'll suddenly find a stable connection all of a sudden without being told about it.

Sponsored Links
Firstly thank you all. In the months gone by we have had engineer after engineer here to solve this problem and not one of them found it.
Heres what happens.
When our cordless phone is NOT on the charger and the internet disconnects we cannot reconnect, (our problem).
We noticed that when we were disconnected and someone phoned our house, then, if the phone was on the charger we magically reconnected without any problems. I have watched this happen now for a few months but wanted to be absolutely sure this was the answer.
Now when we disconnect I just put the home phone on its charger, ring it from my mobile, dont answer it, just wait, and within a couple of seconds the lights on the router all start flashing and HEY PRESTO we are reconnected.
So if anyone else has this problem then give this a whirl. Dont ask me how but this definately works for us, and not 1 person from TALKTALK or BT could solve it.
NO !!! I am not wonderful but posting this may just help someone else.

Back