Moderating The Forum

J

Johnmelad502

Is there any?

BAS is allowed to call all experts on the Plumbing forum Liars. He is then allowed to call ALL users of the general Discussion Forum (see below)

I mustn't warn people that the "experts" on the plumbing forum can't be trusted to tell the truth.

Why don't you just **** off to the haven for dribbling, red-mist, thick-as-sh**, racist hate-mongers that is the General Discussion forum.

Seems to me that there are rules that forum users have to obey, but none apply to BAS.

Sponsored Links
Every forum has someone like Mr Sheds on it. Just laugh it off or ignore him. It would be a dull place without a few 'residents'

If you are unhappy with the content of a post, please help us to help you and click on the 'alert moderators' button, instead of complaining in the GD forum.

Err, I did? Why don't you just ban BAS? The forum would be a much friendlier place without him. Or... is he as someone suggested some months back, a moderator? Coz that (I will now probably be banned now) would explain why he gets away with his abusive postings (signature) when others don't.

Sponsored Links
B-A-S-'s signature begins with "I mustn't". Read it again

Every forum has someone like Mr Sheds on it. Just laugh it off or ignore him. It would be a dull place without a few 'residents'
I agree. And people like BAS make the rest of us seem normal.

Plus getting angry at him fuels his ego and makes him work harder to p*** people off...

Freedom of speech?
Who is right and who is wrong?
If someone was banned everytime there was a bit of a disagreement this forum would soon become very boring.

I've found that the moderation is very biased. Some posters seem to have almost carte blanche to make derogatory or abusive posts without their posts being deleted. But any response, to their post, is deleted, imo, without justification.
IMO, it's not moderation but protectionism of some posters.

I think I appreciate the difficulty of the task. All I'm asking for is a pre-cursory check to make sure that the post is inappropriate before deleting it.
If it's not inappropriate, don't delete it, just because someone has requested it should be.
But also check that posts should be deleted, when requested, becasue they are inappropriate.

And finally, when a request for explantion or an appeal is submitted at least a reply and explanation would be appreciated.

A recognised procedure for dealing with such appeals and/or inappropriate deletions would go some way to providing fairness.

A recognised procedure for dealing with such appeals and/or inappropriate deletions would go some way to providing fairness.
Ah, you're looking for THE Manual.

(Another one. Isn't the world full enough with manuals already? And who's going to moderate the proper use of the manual? Etc etc etc, even more quangos. Just what we need.)

Sponsored Links
Back