Modifications and insurance

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The AC was like new as hoped. This was like winning a minor jackpot because that wooo noise had been annoying me for years. Now I just get whoosh noise of air.

I went to see an old friend I hadn't seen for many years. Looked like it still had 10 years of life left. I gave it some ointment and left it. No way and no room to do this without dropping the exhaust.
rusted-bolts.png

There is now no longer urgency for disc jacking. Also, it has been proven today that lifting the car up one side is not very useful unless done to an extreme degree. So my disc jack plan this spring has been cancelled. I will resume the plan after revamping my jenga. It's made from MDF and very strong. But it's not water proof and can't be used for longer jobs where there is risk of rain. A 16 inch lift on all four corners begins to be useful.

Last edited:
Mods, can you please delete the above reference to a car being jacked by the brake disc and supported on mdf?
Some poor soul could read this and think it's a good idea (to end their life).

If it is not deleted.

I agree, and repeat, it is a very dangerous idea and should not be done.

Mods, can you please delete the above reference to a car being jacked by the brake disc and supported on mdf?
Some poor soul could read this and think it's a good idea (to end their life).
What are you on about? These jacking discs are perfectly safe:

1709885688801.png

A long while ago I had my car written off by a driver whose insurance firm refused to indemnify him because he put a wrong age on his proposal form. He had put 26 when in fact he was 29 !

I discovered that my policy had a new for old which covered my one year old car. So I claimed on that.

It was another benefit for me because I had bought the car as imported from Belgium and converted to RHD as that was a lot cheaper. The replacement car was UK provided.

But the new one was not as nippy as the original. That had twin 11/4" SU carbs and the replacement car had a single 11/2" SU.

Sponsored Links
Back