Modifications and insurance

Or, I can verify. I have, and no bolts were loosened. A more careful inspection showed that the china RTV and gasket were OK. The problem was to do with the dealer cover carp that was warped/bent when I crowbar'ed it open long ago. The leak was worst in the problem areas while using the china gasket compared to the dealer gasket. Outside of these areas, the china rubber was fine. I will now go order the plastic cover. Unless taken off to look for brand markings, no one will be able to tell the cover isn't OEM.
Dealer cover carp ....
That was crowbar'ed off.

I think that covers everything

Sponsored Links
I think we can do without your confrontational attitude when replying. I assume you're having a bad day, if that's not the case perhaps you should seek help.
Furthermore your use of special characters inserted into words doesn't change the implication.
Do you have an alter ego?
Maybe being nuts about diy?

Sponsored Links
Nothing to do with insurance.

You said you had a leak, claim the item is "carp" and yet state you "crowbar'ed it off".
It was carp if it had to crowbar'ed. I think it was a device to sell new expensive covers. Leaking cover was a widespread issue for most people who opened it.

Do you have an alter ego?
Maybe being nuts about diy?
Not sure what you mean about alter ego :unsure:
I don't do DIY especially when it comes to cars, those days are over. I have a trusted local garage 10 minutes walk from home.

However, what I do have is the ability to contribute to a thread without regressing to your language & implications.

Not sure what you mean about alter ego :unsure:
I don't do DIY especially when it comes to cars, those days are over. I have a trusted local garage 10 minutes walk from home.

However, what I do have is the ability to contribute to a thread without regressing to your language & implications.
Well done you.
I would give you a medal if I knew you in person.

No. I am telling you exactly like it was. The crowbar was the last resort. Although, it didn't help it was my first ever car DIY. Youtube wasn't a thing for me at the time. Even if it was, there would not have been any videos about it. On hindsight, a putty knife and lots of patience would have done it. I had the putty knife but patience wasn't a thing for me then.

Superglue on a valve cover...
Crowbar to remove it...
Jacking the car from brake disc...
A service every 10 years...
All mechanics around the world got it all wrong.

Sponsored Links
Back