Moduleo select click fitting question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been looking at replacing our aged laminate floor that I put down about 20 years ago and looked at the Moduleo select click flooring (Midland oak 22821). Underneath my existing 8mm laminate I used wood fibre underlay squares. Although the Moduleo boards come with their own built in underlay, would it be okay to go straight on top of the fibre boards? Obviously I’m going to remove all the skirtings first and then refit them once the floor is laid but is there anything else to watch out for or is laying Moduleo click basically the same as laying a laminate floor?

Sponsored Links
Is it upper floors? Is soundproofing a concern ? If not take up the underlay .

No, it’s ground floors - hall and kitchen diner. Slight difference in floor levels between the solid front extension floor and suspended hall floor as well as between the kitchen and diner where we knocked through. The fibre board evens it all out plus we have very little clearance (think millimetres) under the composite front door and the existing finished floor height. Just enough for us to have a doormat well which is the thickness of the laminate and fibre board. We have a front extension with a solid floor so can’t easily lower that to incorporate doormat. Even a thin doormat won’t allow the door to open and we dread coming back from holiday as excess post will prevent the door from opening, it’s that tight a clearance!

You can’t use any laminate underlay under vinyl click as any movement under it the headers can break. You want a solid flat base as it’s not as forgiving as Laminate

Sponsored Links
You can’t use any laminate underlay under vinyl click as any movement under it the headers can break. You want a solid flat base as it’s not as forgiving as Laminate
Ah, right. Thanks daz. The salesman in the shop said it would give it "extra cushioning". I did wonder. What would you suggest then, lay ply down over the whole area first? Would I get away with 3.6mm?

Yes lay ply down. 6mm would be better. Even 9mm. If the floor is flat then 3.6mm will be ok.
With Moduleo have a look at lay red. Great click that.

Yes lay ply down. 6mm would be better. Even 9mm. If the floor is flat then 3.6mm will be ok.
With Moduleo have a look at lay red. Great click that.
Sorry, another couple of questions for @dazlight . I’ve ordered my Layred Moduleo, 32m of it and I’m going to screw 9mm ply down over my existing floorboards to make a nice job of it. Would I be correct in thinking that I don’t need the most expensive top grade waterproof hardwood external ply and can get away just some softwood ply? Also, being Layred click with its own underlay, can I lay that directly onto the ply or would I need extra underlay? Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back