Moes bht-002-gclw installation problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Can someone help me as trying to wire my new thermostat, I have enclosed a picture of my current setup and my new thermostat. I think the live is red and blue is neutral but not sure of what goes in the dry contact ports on new thermostat

Any help would very much be appreciated

Thank you
16096955158637568208545488519965.jpg
16096957011882448216748111560805.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thank you very much bernard, I had read a thread from a few years ago that suggested similar but wasn't 100% sure as the person's setup was slightly different

Thank you very much for your help, you are a life saver

Might want to sleeve that earth wire and try and cut back the yellow wire so not as much copper conductor is showing.

Sponsored Links
Might want to sleeve that earth wire and try and cut back the yellow wire so not as much copper conductor is showing.
your new stat doesnt use the earth so safely cut it back and terminate it, and as @Chris_W correctly says trim all those wires so the only bare wire is the part inside the terminals

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
I thought the earth wire was required for testing? At least that’s what sparks tell me :confused:

doesnt use the earth so safely cut it back and terminate it

If ( when ) in the future you change the thermostat for something else you may need an Earth connection so do not cut the Earth wire too short. Put a sleeve on it.

Thank you, I already have a mounting box that has an earth so will put a sleeve on it and attach to earth connection

Thank you again everyone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back