Mokka

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Traded in my Ford C Max for vauxhall's new Mokka, picked it up last Friday. Generally very happy, even pleasantly surprised with spec and performance compared to the 11 plate C Max. However........ On Tuesday I went to Newcastle and parked in a private open car park. I returned to the car 6 hours later to find all of the 4 electric windows totally wound down, thankfully it was a dry day. I put this down to me probably touching the window controls which are on the drivers door as I got out of the car. Today I returned from Northumberland and parked the car on the drive. A half hour later a neighbour calls to inform that all of the car windows are wound down. Crickey says I and relates the earlier incident. Then the neighbour says it must be the same as mine ( 59 plate BMW M thing ) he took hold of my key fob, double clicked door open and held the button down, all the windows wound down. I can find no mention of this feature in the hand book. Moreover I cant think of any practical use for it. Anyone got any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
Not a bloomin' clue mate but I like the look of the Mokka!
Lets have a few updates as it gets a few miles on.
John :)

think its called global opening/closing.
fords have it.when its a hot day as you walk up to the car you can open all windows to allow the cabin to cool down a tad.
as its a brand new car obd11 software may not be available to disarm this feature so it may be a dealer visit.
it may say in your handbook wether you can turn it off????

Went to dealers yesterday, they are aware of this feature which was not pointed out to me when I picked up the car, and no mention of in the manuals. However they will investigate the possibility of disabling. Meanwhile I must be careful to not put the key fob (with an effective range of 30 metres) into my trouser pocket where buttons can be pressed via hip movement. Will keep updated.

Sponsored Links
Friday coming back from Metro Centre, a very loud clattering coming from under the car. Pulled in, all tyres still inflated couldn't see anything, so I got down and looked again and saw this ;-

Very pleased I had a spare wheel (previous CMax only had a seal and inflation kit) Changed to skinny spare quite easily.

However 2 nationally established tyre businesses wanted £162 and £194 to fit new tyre ( the car is only 3 months old) I told them where to go. I then went to a local guy KB Tyres Houghton le Spring. Tyre repaired £10. Brilliant.

Now had the car 3 months and I am very happy with performance and comfort. A big improvement on the Ford C Max.It is like the C Max a 1.6 petrol and I am averaging 42 miles per gallon

I'm pretty sure that repair is bordering on the edge of legality due to its position, but I'd have done exactly the same as you!
The perils of visiting the Metro Centre, etc :p
John :)

Back