Molded plug to normal one

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need to change the molded plug on my DVD player to a regular one so the cable can go through the back of the TV cabinet.
I was just about to cut and swap the plugs over when I notice this label on the cable.
Am I ok to swap them over like I was going to? I am also going to put the old fuse in the new plug
image.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Yes, no problem to put a new plug on it.
The warning means to not remove the other end and connect it to some other equipment, as the flex only has 2 cores.

After removing the old plug, twist the pins with pliers so it can never be put into a socket again.

Yes, no problem to put a new plug on it.
The warning means to not remove the other end and connect it to some other equipment, as the flex only has 2 cores.

After removing the old plug, twist the pins with pliers so it can never be put into a socket again.
Thank you
Thanks for the tip with the pliers and pins, I was going to get the hammer to it so it wouldn't go in a socket again.

Do take note of the warning re the fuse size. Your new plug will probably have a 13A fuse, which is more than specified on the label.
If it complies, the easiest way would be to take the fuse out of the old (moulded) plug, and put it into the new one.

Sponsored Links
Do take note of the warning re the fuse size. Your new plug will probably have a 13A fuse, which is more than specified on the label.
If it complies, the easiest way would be to take the fuse out of the old (moulded) plug, and put it into the new one.
Thanks, I have swapped the fuses over and kept the 13a for future use!
One working DVD player in my custom built cabinet

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    84.1 KB · Views: 245
Some DVD players (mine) have a Cassette type lead, which detaches from the DVD player, in order to be passed through openings in video furniture etc, and then re-inserted into the input opening of the DVD player itself.

The cabinet looks nice, did you build it / get it built yourself or adapt a bought one?

Some DVD players (mine) have a Cassette type lead, which detaches from the DVD player, in order to be passed through openings in video furniture etc, and then re-inserted into the input opening of the DVD player itself.
My old one was like that but this new one was wired into the back of the player :(

As a note Mold is where I live in North Wales, mould refers to both the unit to allow one to cast things and the fungus growth. I am not sure about moulded if that is an English word I would have said cast may be the Americans call it Molded? They it would seem don't use English and use phrases like "two times" instead of a single word twice.

As a note Mold is where I live in North Wales,
Don't be so pedantic. :)

mould refers to both the unit to allow one to cast things
Yes.
and the fungus growth.
No, that's MOLD

I am not sure about moulded if that is an English word
Yes, it is a verb as well

I would have said cast may be the Americans call it Molded?
They would. they don't use the 'u' in the 'center'.

They it would seem don't use English and use phrases like "two times" instead of a single word twice.
What language is 'two times'? I bet they don't use 'thrice' either; do you?

So, is Mold (the place) moldy?

If you had seen the number of emails I receive asking if I can use their mold equipment you would also be upset about the miss spelling. Mold is the English name for Yr Wyddgrug. Mould is the word to describe both fungus and shape as in a Jelly mould.

It looks like Mold is just an informal spelling of Mould, a bit like Lite is an informal spelling of Light, and Nite is an informal spelling of Night.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back