Monobloc mMixer Tap problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have had this problem for a while noq where the monobloc tap wont turn all the way on, ie the lever would lift 3/4 of the way up on hot or cold. Eventually it does go up with a clicking feel but sometimes like now, it won't turn the water off, it goes down 3/4 of the way. I have turned the water off (I fitted kitchen myself & putt in some isolators on the end of the tap pigtails) removed the decorative cap & undit the screw thinking it might be the washer, but I am stuck as to how to get the head of the tap off, I cannot see a screw of any kind (I was expecting a grub screw)- basically what now is showing is a square piece of plastic with the thread in the middle (where I removed the screw from) inside the tap head. Am I on the right track with the washer theory? and how do I remove the head of the tap?

thanks in advance

Willy

Sponsored Links
sounds more like cartridge taps if the tap handle fits onto a square plastic part.
the handle will useally pull straight off if you have removed the centre screw.
have you a pic of the taps ?

heres a pic

P1110715.jpg

and here

P1110714.jpg

cheers

Will

Sponsored Links
that handle should lift off now, maybe abit stiff due to scale etc.
then the shroud below will unscrew and cartridge will lift out. useally but some are different.

can always post a pic after lever removed. ;)

I managed to get the top off but unfortunately the square plastic snapped (I sprayed it with wd40 last night so this never happened too, oh well), at the other end of this plastic cartridge there were 4 pieces snapped off which were probably the cause of the tap sticking on or off. Can this be replaced?, if so where from B&Q or a Plumb World? or is it a new tap needed?
Its not a very good pic but you can see the 5 pieces which have been adrift & the square plastic still stuck in the lever

thanks

Will

P1110716.jpg

Thanks for your help, it ended up I had to buy a new tap as the cartidge was not standard, it was 42mm wide & 74mm tall and I couldn't find one anywhere, it was from MFI a few years ago so I couldnt ask them as they went under.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back