More ferroli problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Over Xmas we had issues with our heating, which turned out to be a partially blocked pipe.

Throughout the fault finding process the system was flushed numerous times, I then installed fernox f5 for 3 weeks due to other commitments, I also fitted a fernox tf1 omega filter.

Any way replaced blocked pipe, flushed system again, drained and filled 3 times to make sure the F5 was out the system, and then filled with fernox filter fluid + inhibitor.

Heating system was great since, never worked so well in its life, until the other day when I woke to this noise

Also when running the hot water tap you can hear it trickling through boiler.

Can anyone make any suggestions?

I'm thinking it needs a new primary heat exchanger.

I have checked the pressure, it's 1.5bar, I have also bled the system incase it was air, but none is found

I currently pay for homeserve but they are beyond useless, and will likely just tell me I need a power flush again, and don't want all the hassle dealing with them.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Fernox recommend that this cleanser is not left in the system for any longer than 1 week, it sounds like it might have done the bearing in on your pump.

The banging is from the centre of the boiler, it's not the pump,when you touch the body of the boiler you can feel the banging, when you touch the pump it's smooth as silk and has the same steady humm it's always had.

I do agree the fluid was left in longer than it should have been, unfortunately external issues with work and family meant it stayed in longer than planned.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back