More Galaxy 18 advice sought...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, many thanks for the advice and help offered previously by the community. I have been away via work commitments since then and just getting back to where I left off with my alarm install.

I have in the past couple of days finished all the connections, I did a complete rewire same time as I rewired my flat but only now connected all to panel, set up all the zones and some other settings however I bought a viper and it wont stop flashing - like a dirty old man, it just stands there flashing away shamelessly - I now know however that he positive side connects to aux supply as normal and that the negative connection should be fed from a switched output - swinging to 12v momentarily upon panel reset - thus resetting the viper.

I have never seen anything like it but I do get why - however its the outputs on my panel that I am not so sure about, there are two outputs for one of the on-board rio's (rio 0) and four for the other (rio 1) but what output should I connect the negative supply to? I suppose it might not matter but perhaps I'll wire it to the 'set' terminal and set for 'pulse' and see if it works...but i'd certainly appreciate a wee bit of guidance here all the same, the hall Honeywell dual tech pir is also a pain...but I still have to go through its initialisation properly as yet so see how that goes...

p.s. forgive the edits...nursing a biblical hangover today...

Regards,

Tommy

Sponsored Links
You can disable the led on the viper and set to auto reset, the led was for the good old days of having more than one viper on a zone so you could tell which one had activated.

You can disable the led on the viper and set to auto reset, the led was for the good old days of having more than one viper on a zone so you could tell which one had activated.

Hi sparkymarka,

I removed the pcb link and connected 12v to the 'set' terminal as the viper guide suggests but it doesn't stop the led flashing once it was set off, I removed power and tried with the 12v link removed, pcb link in place etc - all possible combos in fact bit it just doesn't stop flashing but I did get it to be resettable by connectiong its 0v connection to an output though had to alter the pulse time to 2 secs (at least I think I set it for 2 secs..)

Success I guess but I would still rather have it auto-reset as I don't like the notion of a device being held open (a viper without power) while the system is arming.

I can only assume the viper is wonky as I have did exactly as suggested without success, though it does reset ok with momentary loss of its 0v connection - so a bit odd.

***edit - I am an idiot, I removed the double knock link - I re-read the guide and realised what I'd did, that's now reinstated and the correct wire pcb link has now been cut and 0v returned to permanent connection.

I blame the after effects of last night for the confusion...

Again, many thanks for the advice.

Regards,

Tommy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back