More manly versions of old favourite games

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was just thinking about those games where you have a wire bent into a shape, and you use a ring-shaped thing around it. You try to trace the shape with a steady hand, and if you make contact, a buzzer sounds and you lose.

Well, I thought: you could have that same game, but with the bent wire connected to neutral and the hand-held bit to live (obviously with an insulated handle). Connect it up to the lighting circuit and it would be great fun to play. If you lose, the RCD trips/fuse blows, preferably with some sparks as your handheld bit is spot-welded to the shaped wire. Plus the loser has to go to the CU and fix it. Brilliant. :LOL:

Any other games that could be made more fun through the application of DIY? "Stuck in the mud", played with No More Nails? ;)

Sponsored Links
fun slime played with goo from the bottom of a manhole

poo sticks, you need two open manholes for this in line. and well you can use your imagination for what else

hair styling using expanding foam instead of gel

slapsies using shovels

Pooh sticks! A A Milne has a lot to answer for....

Even as an adult, that's still fun -

I fear, Adam, that living in London your rivers are so polluted you wouldn't be able to see the sticks!

Nigel and I often play pooh sticks as we walk by our unpolluted, lincolnshire river, next to our home.....

I always win, cos he doesn't realise I throw mine under with more force and they don't land at the same point!

Slapsies using shovels :LOL: :LOL: That one cracked me up!

Simon, I've played pooh sticks! Is a little hard to do in the Thames sometimes, but it can be done.

And it gives me an idea...

"Pooh boats". You both get in line under a bridge on a fast flowing river, each in a boat (motorboat or canoe will do). You then both let the current take you, and the winner is the last one to start the engine/use the paddle without crashing. :LOL:

British Bulldog with real bulldogs? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
That game we played a lot at boarding school (on grass) with a table knife where you try and "split" someone by chucking the knife and hoping it will land point-in a bit further from their foot than they can comfortably manage - sorry don't know the name...

Well, play it with bare feet and a very sharp hunting knife!!

Stop Press!

Found this on a US site:

GAMES - A favorite knife game played on the schoolyards when I was growing up in East Texas was a game called "splits". Since every kid carried at least one knife (usually one that was kept razor sharp by constant honing and another for actual use and game playing), this game was particularly popular in the spring time. The way it was played was open to some latitude, but mostly, two boys stood about three feet apart, facing each other. The feet were together. The first player threw his knife at a target no-more than twelve inches from the others foot (either right or left). If the knife failed to stick up in the ground or was more than twelve inches away, the thrower forfeited his turn. Otherwise, the target foot was moved so that the sole of the shoe touched the knife where it stood in the ground. Now it was the opponent's turn. As each struck the intended target, one had to stretch wider and wider until one or the other could not stretch to the knife embedded in the ground, or would topple over. Either way, the winner remained standing. While we played this game during intermission, lunch period and after school, I never knew of anyone to have been struck in the foot.

remember the game where you have someone hold a 30cm ruler above your own thumb and index finger,when they release it you have to catch it but takes quick reactions.well you could update by having someone load a tonne of bricks on a forklift and have someone stand underneath it and try to move out of the way quickly.
how about blindfolding someone then spinning them round and round to get them dizzy then release them in a saw mill with all the saws going.what a laugh that would be.

Sponsored Links
Back