More red tape on home-improvements?

eggplant said:
in the small terraced house opposite the council estate, they have worked all their life, they have streetlights, they have a single wheely bin plus a recycle bin plus a bin for waste from their small garden, police patrols are regular due to the area, the are also often called out as are the fire and ambulance services, BUT because the house isnt worth much, they pay less council tax

You forgot to add that they are usually closer to Council leisure services, parks, have more public transport access, the grass verges are tended/mown more frequently than in private housing areas.

Maybe the dossers in the council estate shuold get off their lazy backsides and get a job

It may amaze you to learn that most people on council estates do work, I know I did when I lived on one.

I do think those who don't work and receive loads of money in benefits should do 16hrs community work a week - be it street sweeping, litter picking, gardening, clearing graffiti... at least it would prove they are willing. They wouldn't be doing anybody at the council out of a job because it hardly gets done anyway.

Sponsored Links
eggplant said:
I dont see why people in bigger houses (which usually means better areas) should pay more council tax at all.
Heres why.
A friend of mine that I grew up with on a scabby council estate (where my remaining family still live) now live in the biggest house I've ever been in, in the middle of nowhere - you know the ones you pass on a country lane out in the sticks, next door is about 10 minutes walk away.
They have no street lights, a single wheely bin plus a recycle bin, they dont have a garden waste bin because the gardener sorts all that out, and because its a nice area, police rarely go there as theres no need to.
Now on the other hand, someone that lives in a rubbishy area - maybe because they cant really do much more for a living than sweep up or ask "would you like fries with that" but although they arnt a rocket scientist and therefore cant afford to live anywhere but in the small terraced house opposite the council estate, they have worked all their life, they have streetlights, they have a single wheely bin plus a recycle bin plus a bin for waste from their small garden, police patrols are regular due to the area, the are also often called out as are the fire and ambulance services, BUT because the house isnt worth much, they pay less council tax - thats Fkin BoLOX !
Maybe the dossers in the council estate shuold get off their lazy backsides and get a job and pay their own council tax then the dick head government would have more money.
Anyway, not directly on topic but not completely off. If it were up to me Blair would be alongside Saddam - hes no better.

EGGHEAD

Sponsored Links
Back