More than 50% English are racist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
scott1968 said:
Brightness said:
Well I'm not English but I still wouldn't vote for Gordon Brown whatever colour or nationality he was, does that make me a racist? :rolleyes: :LOL:

No

Obviously! Scott, I was teasing you ;)

How can someone be construed as being racist just because they would not vote for Gordon Brown as he is Scottish? Plenty of people wouldn't vote for Neil Kinnock because he was Welsh but I wouldn't say that they were racist.

I am Welsh and tbh I can see that some Welsh people wouldn't be too happy with English people ruling in the Welsh assembly. I would have thought that that was the whole point of devolution etc....

Maybe it's because I haven't lived in Wales for a long time but I don't see it as being racist, more as being patriotic!

Sponsored Links
Brightness said:
scott1968 said:
Brightness said:
Well I'm not English but I still wouldn't vote for Gordon Brown whatever colour or nationality he was, does that make me a racist? :rolleyes: :LOL:

No

Obviously! Scott, I was teasing you ;)

How can someone be construed as being racist just because they would not vote for Gordon Brown as he is Scottish? Plenty of people wouldn't vote for Neil Kinnock because he was Welsh but I wouldn't say that they were racist.

I am Welsh and tbh I can see that some Welsh people wouldn't be too happy with English people ruling in the Welsh assembly. I would have thought that that was the whole point of devolution etc....

Maybe it's because I haven't lived in Wales for a long time but I don't see it as being racist, more as being patriotic!

I have two candidates for a job one Welsh and one Scottish, I’m going to select the best one for the Job not the one that has the same nationality as me. If the Welsh candidate is the best one for the Job and I select the Scottish candidate because they are the same nationality as me I would be a shamed of myself. A racist would not be ashamed.

I could be wrong here but as a woman (sorry if I’m wrong) I thought you would understand this.

Scott

Brightness said:
What ahs being a woman got to do with it? That's a downright sexist remark :evil:

I apologise if you think I sexist,
But what I mean is there are plenty of times the best candidate (Woman) does not get the job.

Scott

That rarely happens anymore Scott. At least, not in jobs that I or my mates have applied for and certainly not where my hubby works - he always takes the best candidate never mind their sex or sexuality.

Brightness said:
That rarely happens anymore Scott. At least, not in jobs that I or my mates have applied for and certainly not where my hubby works - he always takes the best candidate never mind their sex or sexuality.
Does that mean you accept my apology or not?

I don't really see why the Scots should be considered at all. The whole of Scotland has a population just half that of London!

We can rule them quite happily from Westminster without them wasting half a billion on a daft shaped building that is falling to bits.

There are more Scots in America than there are in Scotland.

joe

Brightness said:
Yeah, I do but I was also stating my opinion!

Yeah Scott APOLOGY ACCEPTED OK???? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I'm all for opinions,
I’m just against the snide comments, (and that is definitely not intended for you)

Ta,
Scott.

Why not get all of the Y.T.S. or whatever they are called these day's to learn bricklaying or dry stonewalling and finish off Hadrian's wall, then once it's finished we could employ guard's to do border control's and make the jock's show their passports before they can enter oh! and kilt's are a must wear also. :LOL: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back