More than 50% English are racist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Poll: A recent poll suggest more than 50% English are racist,

More than 50% of English said they would not vote for Gordon Brown because he is Scottish

Scott

Sponsored Links
scott1968 said:
If you believe that, then you'll believe anything. So let say 50,000,000 English in the UK, so 25,000,000 done the poll survey :?:
More than 50% of English said they would not vote for Gordon Brown because he is Scottish
So how did Tony Blair get in power :?: If Gordan Brown was English they still wouldn't vote him. It because Labour are now unpopular, nothing to do with being Scottish. I don't care if the MP is white, black or whatever, a good leader will be popular.

Sounds like to me you've something against the English or is it England you seems to don't like as from your previous post :?:

scott1968 said:
Sadly, I can believe that this is an accurate assessment.

masona said:
If you believe that, then you'll believe anything. So let say 50,000,000 English in the UK, so 25,000,000 done the poll survey :?:
That isn't how polls work masona :rolleyes:

Softus said:
masona said:
That isn't how polls work masona :rolleyes:
So how can it be accurate, eg: 1000 polls survey, so 500 people represent the rest of the English population :?:

Why the rolling eyes :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
You're only a racist these days if someone else percieves you to be a racist.

For example if you took a dislike to a work colleague and you called him a t0sser and that colleague just happened to be black, does that make you a racist? If you are black yourself then the answer is no but if you are white then someone else is bound to label you a racist regardless.

The whole issue has gone completely out of context.

Im anti-immigration but I don't consider myself to be a racist yet Im willing to bet that some people would label me as one just because I dont want foreigners coming into my country :rolleyes:

Is that a racist statement. "I wouldn't vote for him because he is Scottish". It depends on the context. If it's said out of National pride ie, "I would prefer my prime minister to be English because I am English" probably not, that's no different from wanting your own team to win. If it's based on "I don't want him because he's Scottish and all Scottish people have all got X Y & Z wrong with them" it is.

It would have to be seen in the context of politics and many people would see political representation in England and Scotland as completely separate now, they expect Scottish politicians to concentrate on the affairs of the Scots and English politicians to concentrate on the affairs of the English. They may be suspicious of Brown for that reason. There are cultural differences between England and Scotland and they may feel that that may affect his premiership in some way

It has to be remembered that the Scots lobbied long and hard for devolution to get away from what they saw as the "English" parliament, and now have their own parliament building (although it looks kind of Spanish not Scottish) to conduct their affairs in, so calling the English racist for not wanting a Scottish PM is a bit hypocritical, it's understandable in the context of politics in the UK

Personally I think the people in the survey are wrong. Scotland has some very enlightened attitudes to issue like the NHS and care of the elderly and I think if they came south of the border it would be all to the good

Although I still think salt in porridge is a bad idea and also that Haggis is peasant food :LOL:

Glassman said:
For example if you took a dislike to a work colleague and you called him a t0sser and that colleague just happened to be black, does that make you a racist? If you are black yourself then the answer is no but if you are white then someone else is bound to label you a racist regardless.

As long as you do not call him a Black t0sser, English t0sser or Scottish t0sser, etc, ect It would not be racist.

Scott

pickles said:
Although I still think salt in porridge is a bad idea and also that Haggis is peasant food :LOL:

Sugar every time in my porridge.

Do you have something against peasants?

And just for the record I voted NO NO for devolution.

Scott.

50% rasist. You can make statistics prove anything

70% of men masturbate. HOW DO THEY KNOW? Who made up these absured % in the first place. Pillocks most of them.

For**** read Master Bates

BE HAPPY

Glassman said:
Im anti-immigration but I don't consider myself to be a racist yet Im willing to bet that some people would label me as one just because I dont want foreigners coming into my country :rolleyes:
does anyone consider themselves Racist? even racists would'nt admit or in some cases even realise that they are.
p.s be careful with them rolling eye's, its rude to roll your eyes at people.

williams89 said:
scott1968

Just a thought where did you read this poll ? Was it in the SUN or the Mirror ?

:LOL: :LOL:

BE HAPPY
the sun dosnt care who's racist as long as they've got big knockers

scott1968 said:
pickles said:

Do you have something against peasants?

Scott.

Yes they invented Haggis.

That old float is bobbing again :LOL:

Well I'm not English but I still wouldn't vote for Gordon Brown whatever colour or nationality he was, does that make me a racist? :rolleyes: :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back