More UFH questions !!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Finally in the process of laying under floor heating. I have fitted a RCD FCU, on the supply, do I also need some other means of isolation for the circuit.

If so, I guess it will go between RCD and Stat ?? Is that correct ?

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
What load design have you calculated for the UFH ?

How will you use it ? Constant on, stat set, stat and timer, manual ?

It would be prudent to have some sort of on/ off control and I can't suggest anything because I have no idea of the load, a switched f/spur or a DP 20a switch at a guess.

If an FCU is man enough to supply the load then it can be used as local isolation.

Sorry guys.

It is a 700W cable. (70m@10W per M).

So by my calculations, drawing 2.9A

It will be used mainly on a timer and I was only planning on using the stat as an isolation point to be honest, until a friend said it should be further isolated !!! He is not a spark though ! So thought I'd ask someone in the know on here !

Sponsored Links
calc should be done with voltage at 230v not 240v so it's a tad over 3 amps.

Switched fuse spur and 5a fuse would be best. What rated fuse did you use at the CU ?

thanks Chris,

Yeh, wasn't too sure wether to use 230v or just the nominal, but thanks.

I was going to use a 5A fuse, so you have confirmed that what I was doing originally was fine.

Thanks again to all replies. The saga continues !!!!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back