morris minors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does any one own a minor and like them? i am thinking of buying one as a second car would any owners like to comment on their worth in the modern era! thankyou!

Sponsored Links
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Not a crock of shyte ........a Jellymould of shyte :LOL: :LOL: I had some when they were cheap bangers..and Isetta bubble cars too.....it`s all Hype and nostalgic bo-lox . the Vaux Viva was miles better @ the time

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Not a crock of shyte ........a Jellymould of shyte :LOL: :LOL: I had some when they were cheap bangers..and Isetta bubble cars too.....it`s all Hype and nostalgic bo-lox . the Vaux Viva was miles better @ the time
well thanks for your view on this will bear this in mind!:cool:

Sponsored Links
Let's put it this way.... A Morris Marina was an improved Morris 1000

That is true, and a lot of Marina bits can be used to update the Moggy (disc brakes spring to mind)

I have to disagree on the viva though, the A series BMC was a lot better engine and still supported by parts suppliers now.

If you want to buy one the obvious thing to look out for is rot. The only downfall on these cars was the bottom trunions. If you neglected greasing them they would break. The engines are bullet proof, and unleaded heads are avaible off the shelf. If it sits level all round (check wheel to arch gaps) its solid and the engine sounds quiet then it should be sound. Telescopic dampers are available at reasonable prices to replace the lever arm ones and most of the mechanical bits are shared by other Leyland cars and are easy to get hold of

Let's put it this way.... A Morris Marina was an improved Morris 1000

That is true, and a lot of Marina bits can be used to update the Moggy (disc brakes spring to mind)

I have to disagree on the viva though, the A series BMC was a lot better engine and still supported by parts suppliers now.

If you want to buy one the obvious thing to look out for is rot. The only downfall on these cars was the bottom trunions. If you neglected greasing them they would break. The engines are bullet proof, and unleaded heads are avaible off the shelf. If it sits level all round (check wheel to arch gaps) its solid and the engine sounds quiet then it should be sound. Telescopic dampers are available at reasonable prices to replace the lever arm ones and most of the mechanical bits are shared by other Leyland cars and are easy to get hold of
thanks excalibar! problem with fitting marina parts it becomes a marina!

suppose I have to agree about the bulletproof engine .......I drove one home 10 miles with no water in rad........just ran it until it nearly siezed, let cool down and off again for a mile or so :LOL:

The A series in an old mini of mine went round for 6months with eggs in the rad blocking up the holes and kepts on going. Needless to say it wiffed a bit when I eventually was ar$ed to change the rad.

Why not fit a MG Metro Turbo engine to the Mog? Just need to mount it lengthways and your away!

Sponsored Links
Back