Mortar/Cement Mix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to fill the gap (10mm wide, 30 mm deep) between paving stones and a wall. I want to stop the water dripping off the wall and going into the gap. Instead I want the water to flow over the paving stone away from the building

What mortar/cement mix or product should I use.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Before you do that, are you sure this won't bridge any damp course? Is the water actually excessively pooling in the gap, or draining away? Are there damp problems inside?

Thanks for your reply

The damp course in the building is above the paving level. However, the paving level is two or three brick above the subfloor floor of the house.

The gap between the paving is already mortar. The mortar is cracked and water is dripping along the wall and wetting the bricking under the subfloor. Also a gutter exits directly onto the paving. This gutter is dripping onto the existing cracked mortar, between the paving and wall, and dripping down the inside of the wall into the subfloor. The paving slopes away form the building

What mortar/cement mix or product should I use to repair the paving mortar

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back