Moss removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What's the best way to get rid of moss from slabs/paths?

Have been told that Jeyes Fluid is quite good for it, any truth in that?

Sponsored Links
I have never used it, but have heard mixed reports about it, some say it works and some say it dont.

I have been cleaning my moss at the weekend, i do a bit at a time, I just get a wide flat head screwdriver, and prise it up from between the slabs, if your lucky you can prise a bit of the corner and it will pull out in a lump, (if your lucky), :LOL: otherwise, its on your knees with a knife or screwdriver.

If you have washer you could use that, but the pressure will lift your pointing, so best bet is to do a bit at a time manually.

if its on slabs, get the worst off with a shovel, then use a wire brush and as spice says a screwdriver etc for the cracks. Dont bother with a jet wash, it will blow the pointing out and it takes longer and causes more mess

Sponsored Links
Armillotox is good for the job.

It is difficult to remove algae from slabs without using chemical means in my opinion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back