most reliable cars ?

As you found out french cars have poorest reliability, recent survey found over 35% of them fail their first mot,[probably why the French mot is bi-annual] Vauxhall were not far behind.
Longest average vehicle life is 26 years [Volvo] while most Jap cars top the reliability charts.

Sponsored Links
Its a shame that Japanese cars made in England aren't a patch on what they were when made in the land of the Rising Sun. I'm talking corrosion here.
John :)

Depends what age car you are going for, the 01 - 03 Citroen/Peugeot with the 8 valve Hdi engine were very reliable particularly the 406. They have gone downhill since though.

Peter

I wonder what the French cars actually fail on, Peter?
I'm actually a big fan of them, but I'm not so keen on quirky additions.....for example, the new Citroen C4 - if you turn a left hand corner in the dark, it automatically turns the left hand fog lamp on, just to help you round :eek: Same on the right hand bends!
The automatic wipers on my Audi detect that the screen needs a wipe.....shame the blades were stuck down with frost this morning!
Regards

Sponsored Links
I think that's largely the source of the problem John - the electronics, partly because of all the extra anti pollution gear, but even the basic electronics are not as reliable as on the earlier cars. Citroen/Peugeot are better than Renault though, they are among the most unreliable, especially the big vans. Sadly its mainly the diesels that are affected, if you don't do a high mileage its probably cheaper to run a petrol now.

Peter

Far to complicated ................

No need for the half of that Fluffy dice stuff, only an excuse to give trouble in the secondhand market.

I pity the poor people who have problems with their Vivaro vans.....they seem to be a real nightmare!
The thought of petrol engines becoming more reliable than diesels is very sobering.....but I think Peter, you may be right.

That of course only applies to modern ones John, I'm pleased to say I can't afford one of those:cool:

Peter

VAG group for me. We have our first Japanese car at present (Nissan X-Trail T30) and to be honest, have been disappointed in reliability and durability terms. I've spent more on it that our last two Alfas!

My Toyota Yaris is a trooper. I've hardly heard any complaints from other owners either.

Honda Jazz, Mitsubishi Lancer, Vauxhall Agila, Toyota Yaris and Mazda mx-5 are famous in reliability here in United Kingdom.

Sponsored Links
Back