MOT failures

Had a few French cars, two 205 GTI's back in the day, brilliant cars, then more recently a Megane with a big bum, comfy car to sit in for a couple of hours and all fairly inoffensive inside, crappy handling and a few deeply annoying build issues but very reliable otherwise, wasn't sad to see the back of it.

Sponsored Links
This is a more modern thing now - sharing platforms = cheaper development costs.

Example being a Mitsubishi Outlander = Citroen Cross-something = something-I-can-recall right now.......
Not just platform sharing, but also massive conglomerates:

Fiat, Peugeot, Citroen, Vauxhall, Alfa Romeo, Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler, Maserati and others - All brands owned by the Stellantis group.

I've never owned a French car (apart from a Nissan). I think the worse car I ever owned for reliability was an Alfa Romeo, It wouldn't have past the MOT after months 6 and wasn't right the day I picked it up from new. Ditched it back to the car pool after 6 months of getting locked out and having most of the electrics fail.
Yes, I confirm Alfas are crap.
I had a 156 for 8 months and couldn't wait to get rid of it.
However, the crown for the worst cars must go to Fiat.
Cheap and nasty, everything rattles, if they survive longer than 5 years, pieces start to fall off.
I was driving a Punto rental once and the seat came loose.
The rails had come off the chassis.
WTF!

Apparently the quality of Nissan dropped after the made the engine production agreement with Renault.

Blup

Sponsored Links
We MOT test our cars every year but why don't we test our own driving ability.

The elderly gentleman who killed a friend of a friend motorcyclist stood in the dock & said, I kid you not, "I usually have someone with me to point these hard to see things out to me".

We MOT test our cars every year but why don't we test our own driving ability.

The elderly gentleman who killed a friend of a friend motorcyclist stood in the dock & said, I kid you not, "I usually have someone with me to point these hard to see things out to me".
F#ck me!
If that's really what he said and I was the judge, he would've got death by whipping.
Whip the f#cker until he dies.

I had a Citroen BX, the car that turned their fortunes. Good car too, even impressed the motor industry people. Then a Xantia VSX. Michelin produced some tyres for it and as I found best to fit them. The handling on these was impressive. Wreck Goodyear tyres rather quickly. So quickly I got some serious discount on Mitchelins, the correct ones. Also good at rolling down hills when parked with the handbrake on. Suspension acted up while in warranty and they wouldn't fix it. The garage I bought from was a friendly place but the owner bought in some one from Citroen UK to run it and the service provided changed. Oil service - just fill up to min and aspects like that. Claims try and avoid them etc. Never again. Actually I started up something that may have made their directors shudder and often wish I had gone fully through it. End of their hydraulic suspension anyway. It had it's problem on some of their earlier cars. Seemed to be fixed on the BX and then .......................

I had a Citroen BX, the car that turned their fortunes.
Is that the one styled by the same bloke that did the Lamborghini Countach?

I had a choice between one of them & a Ford Sierra as a Co' car many years ago. Just by playing with the adjustable suspension on the Mway confirmed I made the right choice.

Is that the one styled by the same bloke that did the Lamborghini Countach?
afraid I don't know. It was this one

Mine was a rather nice white and as the wiki says handling exceptional but called the Activa - probably USA name?
TBH I noticed a couple of "features" that may have killed a few people,

afraid I don't know. It was this one

Mine was a rather nice white and as the wiki says handling exceptional but called the Activa - probably USA name?
TBH I noticed a couple of "features" that may have killed a few people,
Aaah, I see. It wasn't a BX (like you said) but a Xantia then.

Tell me, do you know what make & model you are driving today? Or, is it a complete mystery?

That Stanley Kalms sure knew how to look after his most valued employee.
GFY. In my time at DSG I was very much in love with my Vx Senators. When they couldn't source one of 'em for me they gave me a Mercedes 'S' class something or other that I couldn't 'bond' with. So just GFY, 'cos one day I just might tell you the story of my very short custodianship of a 911.

Sponsored Links
Back