Mother Theresa's fighting talk !!

Some things worry me about Maggie May. She was the home secretary who presided over record immigration figures after Call Me Dave promised to reduce it to the "tens of thousands" - "no ifs, no buts". Maybe her hands were tied, maybe not. Post Brexit, she talks about having "some" control over immigration. Why some - surely COMPLETE and TOTAL would be better?

As for hassling landlords and taxi companies - why do they always go after the little man and expect him to carry the can for weak governments and their total lack of control over who comes into the country? See how they fine unwitting truck drivers who get caught with a few ab-dabs in the trailer. It's the government that encouraged them to soft-touch, honeypot Britain. How about fining NHS managers who unquestioningly treat those from overseas who aren't entitled to NHS treatment? How about fining welfare ministers who encourage international spongers with handouts, free housing, schooling, healthcare, etc, etc, etc? No, thought not. :rolleyes:

Be aware of governments emitting soundbites that have no teeth!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
As woodbine said, all this talk from the ex-Home Sec' who always said, "I'm just getting on with my job."
A lot of the things she's now talking tough on she could have been tougher in her previous job.

Unless she was intentionally undermining Cameron.

I think she's after the UKIP voters. Once UKIP have been disposed of, and she's already grabbing the center ground as well, we'll be having an election.

It wouldn't surprise me if all this hard Brexit talk is to 'play out' the deterioration in the economy so that the electorate sees what a dog's dinner it is. All her comments and policies are hitting the economy, commerce and industry. You can't spend your way out of a mess!

It's no good the Brexiteers saying be positive, make a go of it. You can't make a decent meal out of a dog's dinner! It doesn't matter how many or how fanciful the sound bites, it's still a dog's dinner!

The new strategies have nothing to do with brexit.
They just seem to be common sense which, as I said, could have been introduced by Cameron, not to mention Blair.

I thought the brexit goal was to stop the unrestricted immigration from the EU.
Brexit was about taking control away from the EU and removing their right and power to dictate to us.
Cameron and Blair could do nothing their hands were tied by the EU previously Theresa could do nothing for the same reasons but now ........KAPOWW !!!!! She's unshackled what went before is irrelevant she couldn't act before .......she can now.
She has her sights on big business exploitation, tax dodgers, illegal immigration, immigration. Her vision is a breath of fresh air........English workers been laid off and eu migrants getting their jobs for less money it has happened customers have told me about their relatives been in this situation.
So companies are going to have to reveal how many migrants they employ .....too right.
And while I'm on my soap box .....the housing crises ! how can we get more homes available ? Send back a few hundred thousand EU nationals......the unemployed and any who have been convicted of a crime or served a jail sentence for starters.

previously Theresa could do nothing

Since most foreigners coming to the UK are not EU migrants, and since the largest country of origin is India, this is patently untrue.

So companies are going to have to reveal how many migrants they employ .....too right.
Those that remain in the UK you mean?
There will be an exodus of companies to continental Europe and beyond. The UK will be back to the bad old days of the 1970's. Joy.

Brexit was about taking control away from the EU and removing their right and power to dictate to us.
Cameron and Blair could do nothing their hands were tied by the EU previously
Are you saying the EU dictated to us that we keep and do nothing about illegal immigrants?

Sponsored Links
Back