Mother Theresa's fighting talk !!

So, it will be the EU's fault that leaving will be difficult and expensive - and - what? - unsuccessful?

I thought it was up to Britain to do whatever it wants when we leave.

Sponsored Links
ha ha, very funny to see the anti-EU Quitters suggesting that the other nations will act like the Quitters did, and decide to damage their own economies for reasons of prejudice and dogma.

Let's hope that they are more adult about the tiny proportion of their trade that goes to UK, than the Quitters were about the very large proportion of UK trade that goes to the EU.

Though it's more than the Quitters have any right to expect.

?????????

Let's hope that they are more adult about the tiny proportion of their trade that goes to UK, than the Quitters were about the very large proportion of UK trade that goes to the EU.

ha ha, very funny to see the anti-EU Quitters suggesting that the other nations will act like the Quitters did, and decide to damage their own economies for reasons of prejudice and dogma.

Though it's more than the Quitters have any right to expect.

A Remainer putting out false statistics yet again.

I got mine from here...........https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-eu-trade/

And here..........http://webarchive.nationalarchives....union-to-uk-trade-and-investment-/sty-eu.html

We import more than we Export to the EU. Or are the government figures wrong

Sponsored Links
trazor, I see you don't know what "proportion" means, hence your false and untrue allegation.

Look it up and try a few worked examples. If you find the arithmetic too difficult, let us know.

In the seventies and eighties thousands of mostly unemployed building workers went to Germany to work.
The German building workers treated them with respect and friendliness, and were well impressed with the all round knowledge and skilled ability of the Brits and Paddies.

Migrant work works both ways. And now?

In the 70s/80s, Brits were invited to apply for skilled jobs in Germany. Post Brexit the world will be invited to fill skilled vacancies in NHS etc.

trazor, I see you don't know what "proportion" means, hence your false and untrue allegation.

Look it up and try a few worked examples. If you find the arithmetic too difficult, let us know.

From the government statistics site......."The EU in 2014 accounted for 44.6% of UK exports of goods and services, and 53.2% of UK imports of goods and services"

And that is wrong because?

that's a good start.

And what proportion of total EU production (the 27 countries) was exported to UK?

We import more than we Export to the EU. Or are the government figures wrong

The figures are correct, it's just that many in the remain camp used the 44% we export against the 8% that the EU export to us, as a simplistic way of arguing we needed to remain. And now they steadfastly refuse to see that 44% of out trade is £220Bn, but 8% of the EUs trade with us comes to £290Bn; but I'm not sure if they know the truth, and twist things, or are too stupid to understand maths.

The EU is a restrictive market unless you are a member or pay mega money to trade with them.
They hold the most cards. But it won't be that way forever.

44% we export against the 8% that the EU export to us

How sweet, he's looked it up for you.

So if you agree that 44% is a much bigger proportion than 8%, you must agree that "Let's hope that they are more adult about the tiny proportion of their trade that goes to UK, than the Quitters were about the very large proportion of UK trade that goes to the EU."

It would be foolish to put 8% of your exports at risk. But it would be insane to put 44% of your exports at risk.

that's a good start.

And what proportion of total EU production (the 27 countries) was exported to UK?

The proportion is a red Herring, many business's will be badly affected by Tariffs, ask the German car manufacturers, for one.

As I said.

It would be foolish to put 8% of your exports at risk. But it would be insane to put 44% of your exports at risk.

Ask the UK car manufacturers for one.

It would be foolish to put 8% of your exports at risk. But it would be insane to put 44% of your exports at risk

Yeah but the 8% in this case is much larger than the 44%. No surprise that you omit that though.
Doggit has explained this before.

And if the majority of your business lies in that 8%, presumably your statistics will be a comfort to them.

All countries should be free to trade, so all can do well........... Describe to me the sort of people that would not want that to happen.

Sponsored Links
Back