Motives for fostering.

So i would assume if it was in the best interrest of the mini Cals you would want them to go to a good home where good people could raise them to be good citizens and hopfully give them a good start in life at almost any cost, in fact cost would not be an issue. I for one would not mind a few pounds going out of my taxes for foster parents in the UK.
Like I said, reasonable expenses. However I'd rather my orphans would go to a home where the foster parents were doing it out of a sense of vocation and "calling" rather than one where it's considered gainful employment.

Sponsored Links
i know some who definetly only do it for the money.get real.

I also know some who view it as a business doesnt mean they dont give the kids every bit of love and care but at the end of it its not just a few quid £2100 tax free a month for 3 kids is not a bad income .

Sponsored Links
Thought I'd just add to this... One of my (soon to be ex ) wife's grand, daughter's was placed in care some years ago (mother on drugs, father in prison etc, etc) Whilst in foster care, she was subjected to serious sexual abuse, by one of the foster parents. :eek: :eek: . At the time the allegations were brushed aside by Social Services as a wildly vivid imagination. :eek: :eek: Until you realise, these allegations were being made by a 6 yr old, yes not a typo,, six years old. (who should know nothing about sex at that age, certainly not the sort of things which were described to us).
Personally, I have no faith whatsoever in Social Services, who seek at every turn, to cover their own backs, rather than concentrate on children/vulnerable adults, in their charge.

Everybody who adopts has a motive and I think the ones who do it for the pay rewards are in the small minority...ALL kids ,yes ALL kids should be brought up in a family loving enviroment and if their own parents cant do it let the foster parents do it, I really do admire the people who foster as I imagine if the child has been through a bad time the task would be more difficult

Well Gasbag - why didn't your parents adopt? No money in that eh? ;)

His parents did adopt but never told him!!!!!

Another Joe 90 post I can see because someones quoted him.......

what a saddo you are continually seeing things from your own sad perspective...........judging everyone by your own view of things......
what a cold unfeeling world is inside your head.

They did emergency fostering and when it suited the kids they kept them on if they were happy and settled.
They were too old really to start adopting, that's the truth of it.

I also know some who view it as a business doesnt mean they dont give the kids every bit of love and care but at the end of it its not just a few quid £2100 tax free a month for 3 kids is not a bad income .

But why shouldn't FP's get a decent salary? You don't expect nurses to work for nothing, and they get a great pension, FP's don't. The socail workers arranging the FP's and kds earn a salary, and on Xmas day, they probably enjoy the exclusivity of their own family around the table - and they can make plans to go out of an evening . They only get paid when they have a placement, and most DON'T have 3 at once. In fact, even if they have room for 3 or 4, accepting certain children will preclude their home being used to its capacity, as some kids can not be looked after in a multi child envoiroment.

Out of the FP's "salary", they have to pay for food, clothing, expenses, food, club memberships etc. They are also expectrd to give the child
pocket money a day

It is a massive 24 hour a day mega responsibility job, and I couldn't do it, and they deserve some respect.

Imagine having had to be responsible for Joe 90 and Pred as children.!! And you would only have got paid once, as they get paid for numbers of heads, not personalaties ;)

Considering fostering, the money they pay you for fostering allows my girlfriend to go part time or not work, without which we would both have to work full time and simply couldn't foster.

Not everyone is a baby boomer who managed to buy housing when it was much much cheaper and so can afford to live on 1 wage.

Sponsored Links
Back