Motives for fostering.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seems a few on here think that the motive for fostering is the income.
:LOL: :LOL:

So your gonna take in probably traumatised, bed wetting, oddly behaved kids in to your house and home.
Which is going to be a life changing senario for a few quid .........get real.

My Mum nd Dad used to foster when my brother got married and left home, her view was we've got a three bedroomed house what the point of it being empty. Money didnt enter in to it.

She used to do emergency fostering and told me social workers gave her files to read to assess if she thought she could manage these troubled kids
or whether they'd be too much for her.

She told me that you could only read so much as it was so bad.

She said " Its makes you realize how lucky you were to be brought up normally" and she was talking about herself.
These kids were made to feel part of the family when we all went on sundays or holidays

One that's a mother herself now told my wife " When I was young the best part of my life was at Maureens"

Doing it for the money...some might.........but you cant put a price on giving a kid a loving stable home.

Ps: she didn't have any problems with the social workers, some of them were just useless individuals and not very good dizzi and disorganised with a superficial interest in the kids :(

Sponsored Links
I don't think anyone (however well meaning) should now consider fostering...

Because essentially the state demands an intrusion into your own family life well beyond what is needed to provide a secure placement...

Well Gasbag - why didn't your parents adopt? No money in that eh? ;)

Another quality comment by joe90 ? cant see & it don't care.

Sponsored Links
Well Gasbag - why didn't your parents adopt? No money in that eh? ;)

His parents did adopt but never told him!!!!!

Sorry!! I know that was below the belt but my index finger moved faster than my brain.. :LOL:

That's my excuse and i'm sticking to it.. :mrgreen:

Genuine foster carers aint the correct word.....like all those who feel its their life work to look after the abandoned, dying or elderly - they truly are saints.
John

I suggest everyone ignores that last remark from Joe, he's playing devil's advocate or just trying to wind people up because lets face it NOBODY could be that thick to make such a stupid statement!!

I suggest everyone ignores that last remark from Joe, he's playing devil's advocate or just trying to wind people up because lets face it NOBODY could be that thick to make such a stupid statement!!
Hmm, not so sure about that. Sure, realistic expenses are one thing but it's a different thing to make it a source of profitable income.

Cal, lets assume you have little Cals running amok in your house, now worst case senario, you and your partner snuff it along with all your sibblings mums, dads and grandcals, there is no Cals left on the face of the Earth, they are extinct apart from the mini Cals, now do you want them to be well looked after, a simple yes or no will suffice at the moment before we explore the alternatives..

So i would assume if it was in the best interrest of the mini Cals you would want them to go to a good home where good people could raise them to be good citizens and hopfully give them a good start in life at almost any cost, in fact cost would not be an issue. I for one would not mind a few pounds going out of my taxes for foster parents in the UK.

Sponsored Links
Back