Motorbikes!

Worlds Fastest Indian was a cracking film, need to see it again soon!.

That Vincent looks a lovely piece of kit!.

Saw a Lambretta the other day with a Yamaha RD250 lc engine shoe horned into it, not my thing but they'd done an excellent job of it.

Sponsored Links
Worlds Fastest Indian was a cracking film, need to see it again soon!.

That Vincent looks a lovely piece of kit!.

Saw a Lambretta the other day with a Yamaha RD250 lc engine shoe horned into it, not my thing but they'd done an excellent job of it.

seen some thing similar ??

any one remember the bond bug , that 3 wheeler that looked like a wedge of orange cheese :) bloke around these parts shoe horned a Suzuki Hayabusi engine into one. staggeringly quick, (up to a point) He said when u got to 120 it would try and take off :)

bloke at the Goodwood breakfast club meet up , showed off his Dodge viper V10 motorcycle which he rode into the circuit . all road legal . part of the MOT was the ability to get it onto its centre stand un aided ?? so he designed a hydraulic stand for it.

very well built imo , cornering well Hmmmmmm :) think the bike was featured in the MCN ???

Bet the Bond Bug was a right laugh!.

Dodge V10 sound like a lot of work, wouldn't fancy trying to pick it up if it tipped over though.

We had a grass track car ouside work once, basically a shell with a rollcage and two 1000cc bike engines in it (think they were Suzuki GSXR 1000 engines?).

i had a few bikes long time ago
here i am in london on my T110...1961
before that was a lambretta Li 150
after a velo viper, velo mac, dot, bsa army bike and nearly a dommie
my workmate had a vincent black shadow..
all this before 1965
i look at bikes now and cant figure out why the riders keep braking to go faster and only have one gear change which they stop with
the kerb is still on the left y'no!!
:sleep::sleep:
5425829138_9fdd462a04_m.jpg

Sponsored Links
I had a T110 engine in a Norton frame (Triton) Had another Triton with a 6T thunderbird engine

I had a T110 engine in a Norton frame (Triton) Had another Triton with a 6T thunderbird engine

it was a good idea but i think the bonny engine with the twin carbs would have been the ultimate
what i found with my T110 was the magneto brushes kept cracking causing a missfire and the little brush holders were a swine to get on and off...but i loved the slick shift...hardly needed the clutch when doing fast up changes...which i wish in hindsight were down changes for up gears...as on a lot of other bikes...
cheers
geof

Anyone watching the TT on ITV 4?
Totally mental......don't want to see people die :eek:
John :)

i watched it of course to see if i could "gel" with the newer faster machines
i was there in 1963 and saw hailwood and the gang having fun and taking moss off the walls at braddan bridge on the out curve, spent a other days at creg ny baa
the 50's were a scream!! and they did. strolled through the makers camps and watched in awe as my heros stood and chatted with mechanics....and camathias getting pushed along the prom by his passenger due to a breakdown...bob mac went out with a broken contact breaker spring...according to SS sound stories..
i met him in earlier at kirkaldy beveridge park race meet and watched him win the race having lapped everyone..on a works honda
we all missed him when he was killed...racing of course
so
the tv doesnt do it for me...or superbikes
cheers
geof

Sponsored Links
Back