Motorbikes!

Trikes with no diff in the rear axle :eek:
Too scary for me!
John :)

I have had the pleasure of riding both trikes on....let's just call it 'tarmac'! And it can be quite hairy! Folk reckon it's easiest to corner on two wheels when on surfaces like tarmac etc.

Nearly came a cropper on the beach one day on the Big Red. It started to tip over, and instinct took over and I put my foot down to stabilise myself.....and nearly ran over my own leg! Apparently that's how they get most folk!

Would love another road bike. I plan on building a block workshop/shed out the back and rebuilding the Tri Z first though probs.

Sponsored Links
Lethal things. I had an LTZ400 quad that's i used to do similar things with, bough deliberately as I found it quite amusing to ride the thing on two wheels. Gave it away to a mate so he could come out green landing with me; his missus thinks 4 wheels are safer because they can't fall off. I never told her I was arsing about one day at a roundabout on the university campus where she works, sliding it sideways after a rain shower only to hit a dry patch and roll the damn thing over on top of me. Fortunately racing quads are pretty light but even still, in reality, you get the living daylights beaten out of you when taking a quad on rough stuff. On my WR250 I finish a day feeling like I've sat in an armchair. On the quad I felt like I'd been hit by a truck

I got into bikes at 18, 1961
T110 650etc
I had a Dot 2 stroke and an army dispatch rider 500 side valve for a bit
My last two bikes were velo's
350 Viper and 350 Mac
All sold and onto cars in 1963
Miss biking and always on the lookout for ones to photograph, my lifetime hobby, next to music
Will post some when I get onto my laptop
On the ipad tonight or rather this morning. Can't sleep
Cheers
Geof

My old girl.

Attachments

• Mobike.jpg
    Mobike.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 383
Sponsored Links

The weslake bitza

NRE 750 8 valve twin engine . Triumph gear box with a 5 speed CR cluster . Norton Wideline frame . primary belt drive . trident oil cooler. Interspan ignition.

Grimeca 4LS front brake. scitzu rev counter.

she ended up in Sweden

yes it was actually built to go classic racing , but it never happened . So I registered it for the road on a Q plate :)

The ignition system which was total loss would give u approx' 1 hour road time . Not that u would want to ride it that long.

The engine was built for me by Dave Degens (Dresda) I had a full fairing for it as well .

In the context of what it actually was , she was very quick ;) I got involved in other things (kit car) so I advertised it and got stacks of calls from abroad

Ist fella who called was from Sweden , he sent a lorry over & she ended up there. Like to beleive that some swede is waking up on a sunday summers morning in some quiet Swedish town , and shattering the silence as he guns her through the high street :)

almost straight through pipes when it went to Sweden. I do regret selling it & it took me a couple of years to build it.

look on the oil tank out let and there will be a 10mm gas tap , wet sumping was always an issue so I would turn the oil off . big noticed on the rev counter said

"OIL ON " to remind me :)

yes it was actually built to go classic racing , but it never happened . So I registered it for the road on a Q plate :)

The ignition system which was total loss would give u approx' 1 hour road time . Not that u would want to ride it that long.

The engine was built for me by Dave Degens (Dresda) I had a full fairing for it as well .

In the context of what it actually was , she was very quick ;) I got involved in other things (kit car) so I advertised it and got stacks of calls from abroad

Ist fella who called was from Sweden , he sent a lorry over & she ended up there. Like to beleive that some swede is waking up on a sunday summers morning in some quiet Swedish town , and shattering the silence as he guns her through the high street :)

almost straight through pipes when it went to Sweden. I do regret selling it & it took me a couple of years to build it.

look on the oil tank out let and there will be a 10mm gas tap , wet sumping was always an issue so I would turn the oil off . big noticed on the rev counter said

"OIL ON " to remind me :)

10/10 for producing such a magnificent beast mate!
Did you use Amal TT carbs on this?

Keithmac looking at them pics and the seemingly complicated engines ect (to me)

I wonder how my old 1971 Norton actually runs :)

jeez us I look under the bonnets of modern day cars and at bikes and think were the hell would I start ?? :)

whats that black bike a V some thing ???

jeez us I look under the bonnets of modern day cars and at bikes and think were the hell would I start ?? :)

Got to be a Ducati, I guess with a motor like that!

10/10 for producing such a magnificent beast mate!
Did you use Amal TT carbs on this?

no just concentrics on that one.

Think u can still buy the weslake NRE engines (at a price) they go all the way up to a 1000cc .

Dave Nourish bought the rights to the weslake twins way back and renamed them Nourish Racing Engines (NRE) used to do kits for converting Triumph engines to 8 valvers. pretty certain Dave retired way back and sold out . ?? assuming he is still around ??

There used to be a fella called Gary Bryan who raced the RGB weslake in the battle of the twins . It was a unit triumph engine with a 900 cc nre conversion in his own frame .He said it made 100bhp at the rear wheel ?? suffered gear box issues though the triumph cluster was not up to that amount of sustained power or so he said ??

used to love the classic racing bike scene and the classic sprints , in particular the George Brown memorial sprint , when they used to role out all the old drag bikes , double engined triumphs , nortons ect ect :)

The black one is a Ducati 749, yes it is a twin V.

Some of the superbikes now are hellishly complicated, fly by wire throttles, traction control, active suspension. You've got no chance without proper diagnostics unfortunately.

I get quite a bit of Italian stuff through, people seem scared to work on them for some reason?, just another bike at the end of the day..

20170511_114644.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back