motorised valve probs??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Hoping for a bit of assistance here……

I have a vented indirect central heating system and last week the radiators were heating up with the hot water when the heating was turned off. My first thought was that there was a problem was the three port valve sticking or with the motorised head. I ended up replacing the valve as that was old so could do with changing anyway. Upon re-attaching the motorised head to the new valve the central heating remains on even if the boiler is switched off at the control panel. I believe this normally means that the valve is sticking in the open position but does this mean that the motorised head requires replacing?? On the motorised head you can slide the override control to manual but it won't slide back to auto if the power is switched off, it just slides without resistance in both directions.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Sponsored Links
I'm thinking the motor might be seized, it is usually possible to replace just the motor, depends on the actual valve.

the valve would have come with the actuator as you can't buy the valve body on it's own, so why didn't you change the actuator as well ?

Hi,
I had a replacement valve but had no head. Sounds like I need to buy a new head which I understand to be readily available if that's what you think it needs. Do you think replacing the motor rather than the hole head is the way to go?
thanks

Sponsored Links
I think more investigation is reqd.
Is, at any point, the motor receiving 230v?
If you can't, for any reason, check this safely, i would suggest replacing the complete powerhead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back