Motorised Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Further to my recent problems with heating I now have a problem with my hot water.

The programmer is working (for the heating as well) and the boiler is firing up but I am not getting any hot water out of my taps (except a little bit of half hot water this morning). I am thinking that the motorised valve is broken.

If this is the case are there any tips on how to test for sure that it is not working and also how much it should cost for a new one and to have it fitted.

Any help or tips would be graefully appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that.

At the moment I have it right over to one side. Last night I tried changing the position of the lever but it made no difference. Also I read that when you move the lever there should be some resistance, which there isn't.

I'll try it in the middle position when I get home.

Would any one mind explaining exactly how this valve works with the heating and water so that I can understand it a little better.

Sponsored Links
The lever only opens the valve half way, ie to ch + hw.

If there's no resistance it's already there, or further, at ch only.

And the reason being if CH was called for when progammer switched it off it stays there because there is power to drive it or hold it at the end stop from the HW OFF wire.
Turn the programmer off for about 30 secs and spring will pull valve back to HW positon.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back