Motorola C261

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought one new from CPW for bargain price of 20 nicker.

Got a camera, which is why I bought it, but how do you transfer the images onto a PC?

Instruction Manual only mentions sending them as part of MMS.

Anyone got one?

Sponsored Links
does it have blue tooth? you may be able to transfer via that (blue tooth dongle required)

just had a brief look at the spec's for this phone, no bluetooth and no-one know's if there is a data cable :eek: maybe you can email or mms your pic's to your pooter.

update:
try to find a data cable or you will have to email the pictures to your self.
shame there is no bluetooth as that is nice and simple.

Well, for 20 sovs, I didn't expect Bluetooth. But I did expect a data cable....

Serves me right for being a skinflint!

Will ring Motorola on Monday.

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
Hmm....How do I MMS to the PC?
MMS to a phone which can connect to the PC!!! Like a sony erricson! mine came with a link cable ;) quality phones.

it is suppose to come with a data cable.....if it didnt, you can use a generic (all purpose) usb cable....I'm guessin you can get them there :confused:

I never spend more than 20 quid on a mobile and I always buy them new from CPW....

Wanted a camphone, but looks like I've been too mean with this one. Having said that, I saw an ad. the other day for the same phone...£80!!

EDIT

Pip: just looked at your link...that lead has a 3.5 (??) jack on the end. The only jack on my phone like that is for hands-free. Would it send images down the same jack?

Got the link from here..
Click for C261

Advert says tis for the C261 ... I do not know that model tho' :D
The site has an 'ask us' facility ...

:rolleyes:

The thot plickens...

Moto say they don't do a data cable for it.

Have set up WAP now and am trying to send an image to my email address....it keeps failing. GRRRRRR!!

perhaps sending pictures is an optional extra on your contract, it is on mine i chose not to have it
try sending the pic to another phone

No, I've just spoken to Virgin tonight & set up WAP with the specific intent of sending pics to my e-mail addy.

you have to phone your service provider and ask them to send the setting to your phone so that you can mms, sometimes you can do it online. check out your providers website.
oh! sorry missed that last post. :oops:

You're 1/2way there, richard!

They sent me 1 out of two messages, but not the other, so I wasn't fully set up.

But I am now. Thanks everybody!

BTW, each picture message costs 35p.... Good, Bad or Indifferent?

And anybody know whether you can cram more than one piccy in each message?

Sponsored Links
Back