mould in double glazed window casing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Most windows casings in the house have a lot of mould, see photo below:
mould.jpg

Apart from being disgusting, do it have any negative effect? Should I clean it? It did clean most part of a single window and it took ages as it's not flat surface.

Sponsored Links
Your suffering with condensation, the mould needs cleaning and killing with bleach, trouble is because your causing further condensation it'll eventually come back

A soft nylon brush, perhaps a washing-up brush, is good for cleaning surfaces that are not flat.

Have your windows got trickle vents?

Sponsored Links
Your suffering with condensation, the mould needs cleaning and killing with bleach, trouble is because your causing further condensation it'll eventually come back
A soft nylon brush, perhaps a washing-up brush, is good for cleaning surfaces that are not flat.
So is this something that I should be regularly doing and there is no real way to prevent this? (Apart from minimising condensation?)

Is it a real problem anyway since it's not in the inside of the window?

Have your windows got trickle vents?
They do, but I keep them shut to minimise heat loss, I sense that was a stupid thing to do...?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back