Mounting a TV on a paramount wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We have a paramount wall that I need to mount a 55" TV on, I'm guessing I'll going to have to cut into the wall and build a stud structure inside it or have plasterboard fixings come far enough that there's something I can use?

I can't just rip the wall down as the otherside of it is a finished room so the best I can do is cut into it then make good.

Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
Good luck...., but seriously, can you not suspend the tv from above on a pole or similar bracket system ? Something like this and there are many options on the web.....

Interesting idea but the pole would drive me mad I reckon, the room will be getting plastered at some point so I think I'll just cut into it, remove the card honeycomb then run vertical studs attached to the floor joists at the top and a sole plate.

I'll then fix a piece of osb across the studs and some plasterboard on top of that for the finish plaster to go on.

Sponsored Links
IMG_20240520_131117.jpg

IMG_20240520_170242.jpg

IMG_20240520_191408.jpg

Thought I'd update with what I went with in the end.

Cut a section of the paramount wall out leaving the inner most core in place. Made a stud frame, that's screwed into 4 floor joists at the top and also glued to the inner core.

12mm osb board over the top meant it was pretty much flush with the original wall and then plasterboard over the lot.

Can't see a TV pulling that lot down.

Chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back