Mounting cow skin on wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening All! I am in the process of attempting to mount a cow skin on my bedroom wall, all other internet articles seem to lean towards using lots of small nails however i'd prefer to make a clean and tidy job of it & limit the holes into the skin as it wasn't cheap.

Plan so far :confused: : I have stained a length of wood to screw into the wall. The hide is 180cm x 160cm, must weigh at least 8kg and will be mounted horizantally from the top edge (which is far from straight) with the rest left to hang (if possible?).

I have bought from ebay "heavy duty" press studs which are just smaller than a 5 pence peice. The idea behind these was that they would enable me to move the hide easily if i ever wanted to without repeat damage and look nicer than nails BUT i'm unsure how strong they are / how many i would have to use to take the weight? I was planning to araldite the female part of the stud to the wood - would this hold? and/or is there a product such as no more nails which would successfully stick the leather hide to the wood alltogther?

Suggestions & Advice would be greatly appreciated before i go making holes.....

Sponsored Links
You will not be able to see tiny nail heads once they are knocked in, they only need to be small pins rather than dirty great nails and a good quality hide will be practically indestructible and will easily stand up to being relocated.

Hides need to be pulled taught and fixed all around they're perimeter and anywhere else they do not sit naturally against the wall for maximum effect, gluing poppers on the back won't achieve the same effect even if they stayed attached.

You freak!
thCowfile011.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back