Mounting TV to party wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just moved into a new build property and I want to mount my 37" LCD to the party wall in the lounge. The TV & mount weigh roughly 25KG. There is 15mm plasterboard followed by a 15mm gap and then there is the block (not brick) party wall. What would be the best way to affix my bracket and TV? It's metal stud contruction.

I also have a FCU that was installed by the builders for an electric fire, however my TV's power cable is hardwired to the unit, so I dont think a flex outlet would be the best. What are my other options? Can you get recessed outlets? I dont have much room behind the plaster to play with.

Thank you,

James

Sponsored Links
Mains cable: use a low profile coupler. IEC male & female will do the job. I use them often for exactly the same reason. The only caveat is that you mustn't plaster them in to the wall.

Party wall, that's metal??? - as in "between you and your neighbours" or just a dividing wall in your house.

I'll check them out. Its the wall between our house and neighbours (semi). Looks like aerolite/breeze block with dot and dab plasterboard. I think Rigifix look like the best fasteners

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue with fixing tv to my wall as you did. What solution did you come up with?????

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back