Move gas meter

Sponsored Links
british gas are doing most of there own meter work now .

So its only a matter of time until we see comments like,had new gas meter fitted and was told i need a new boiler,powerflush,upgrade heating,magnacleaners etc etc.
All i can say its a great way of swelling sales to people that are not on BG contracts or had extra (sometimes unnecessary)work carried out.
If a meter fitter has been told which properties have no BG cover/previous sales,i think this is unfair and not fully legal.
From meter fitter to salesman/woman the BG way. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Seperate arms of company and there is rules that govern it. But what is the difference between an independant going in to a house to change taps/ball valves etc and sellng customer a new boiler after all they are a business like it or not

So its only a matter of time until we see comments like,had new gas meter fitted and was told i need a new boiler,powerflush,upgrade heating,magnacleaners etc etc.
All i can say its a great way of swelling sales to people that are not on BG contracts or had extra (sometimes unnecessary)work carried out.
If a meter fitter has been told which properties have no BG cover/previous sales,i think this is unfair and not fully legal.
From meter fitter to salesman/woman the BG way. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sounds like you're looking for a rise. As im always up for the occasion, here goes.

Yes when I get my jobs down in the morning I can see if any of those customers have additional products with BG, Do I check and think ' Hmm i might get a sale here' No do i buggery, The only thing I active sell and push is loft and cavity wall insulation, thats because as a product, its free.

Since the majority of work carried out by BG meter fitters is smart meter installations, this work has come from the government, which they've paid for. Some of the stipulations that come with that cash is that we are not allowed to sell things.

BG meter fitters are there to install a meter and offer energy advice, If that energy advice consists of 'you can save x amount of money a year by getting a new A rated boiler' then so be it. Some BG meter fitters may push products onto a customer. But like Gas112 says, generating new revenues is what makes a company successful.

There are plenty of threads in the CC that state ' I went to fix a boiler, but after inspection i realised it only had a few years left in it and suggested a new boiler' ' only for the customer to turn around and say 'no i just want it fixing' Then the OP states how much of a silly **** the customer is because they dont know anything, and wonder why the customer never got back intouch.

If there was nothing to buy and sell, we'd live in a free world where energy would be free (absolutley possible btw)

Sponsored Links
From smart meter to sales person.

Post Date: 06/04/2011

Job Description: 18900-18900 GBP Per Year Smart Energy Mentors (Gas Qualified Meter Installers)£18,900 + OTE bonus of 16% of salary + van + flexible benefits Giving our customers more control over their world is just one of the smart ideas we’ve come up with at British Gas. Now here’s one for you: if you’re a fully qualified domestic gas meter installer, with a head for sales and heart for customer service, why not let the nation’s largest energy supplier help you put your talents to good use? As well as mentoring a team of Smart Energy Experts, you’ll be advising our customers on the full range of tariffs, products and services we have on offer – and which is the right one for them. What’s more – and here’s the really smart bit – we’ll teach you how to help them reduce their energy usage, carbon footprint and bills all at once. So you make money by helping them save money. On the technical side, we’ll be looking for either a CMA 1 or CCN1 and MET1 or MET2 ACS accreditations. But you’ll need to combine this with a real flair for coaching and a winning way with our customers – not to mention the drive and passion to meet and exceed your targets plus a full, clean driving licence.In return, you can look forward to a great career opportunity, secure future and some of the best benefits in the business.Find out more and apply now. If we’re not currently recruiting in your area we may be soon, so please register for alerts to keep updated.

Company Name: www.monster.com

would be ok for an 8am to 5pm. 5 day week. monday to friday,with very little travel time to home and no moron on your back.
or better still do your your days allocation of work then bog off home.

For the reposnsibility, its still not enough cash,

But its a steady job, Travelling.. well im usually an hour away from home each day, usually Stoke from Chester.

I do really enjoy my job though. More than i can say for other jobs ive had.

Oddly enough I was talking to friend of 30 years last night and and he told me that either the network owner or supplier had knocked on his door not so long back and suggested that he have his gas meter moved outside. He agreed, they came along and did it gratis.

I do appreciate that John Prescott said that it's illegal to not give plumbers sacks of cash but that really only applies to dull people, doesn't it? :p

So, getting back to moving a meter without having my bank account reamed out in the same way that energy suppliers think only right and proper.... I think that I will just brick up my carport so that the meter is indoors and see what gives. If they insist on replacing it with a smart meter but don't actually move it outside I will probably enclose the meter box (with it's door firmly closed beforehand to ensure that it remains insulated) with a few sheets of aluminium cooking foil to block the signal.

These companies do not represent the good old 'Gas Board' and need to be treated in the same way that they treat the public.

And when someone finally comes round to installing your gas meter, I hope they duly realise that your carport was potentially built over the main incomming service and dilligently turns your gas off.

From your reply i see that you've read all the other replies.

Idiot springs to mind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back