Smart gas meter installation problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm assuming smart gas meters need a power supply.
My supplier want to fit one, but the external current meter is nowhere near an electrical supply.
This would mean fitting wiring which, i suspect, would be fitted by electricians who won't be concerned with how it looks afterwards.
E. G : drilled holes, ugly wiring up the walls etc .

Anyone know if I can refuse a smart meter? Esp if they suggested ugly/messy installation methods?

Sponsored Links
The new smarter gas meter will have a battery fitted :idea:

Currently You can refuse a smart meter but make it work for your self by telling your gas company you will accept a smart meter if they put you on a lower tariff for a few years.

Electric to meter :confused: the meter that's in the home where you read what you have used then that is only into a socket with lead/batteries

Sponsored Links
The new smarter gas meter will have a battery fitted :idea:

Currently You can refuse a smart meter but make it work for your self by telling your gas company you will accept a smart meter if they put you on a lower tariff for a few years.

Eh? You can't negotiate an additional hoc deal, but you should look at the available desks BEFORE getting the new meter.

Although a lot would advise against a SM in the first place

Eh? You can't negotiate an additional hoc deal, but you should look at the available desks BEFORE getting the new meter.

really,maybe my present fuel supplier made a mistake by giving me an incentive to swap meters although the tariff has already been lowered they expect to exchange the meters in Q3 2018.

if you dont ask you dont get o_O

If you are interested in changing to smart meters, have a good read of your suppliers smart meter terms and conditions first.

i would tell them to get fooked with smart meters the only advantage is if your using credit key, so that you don't have to go to the shop everytime you want to put credit onto the key and only have to do it online . other than that situation i would tell them to take a dive into a nice steaming piece of shyte ;):)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back