Move light switch

Sponsored Links
Thanks all, kinetic is definitely an option, but I wanted to install a smart switch as the rest of the house and I could not find anything which can work as a kinetic and smart switch. If you guys know about anything would be really helpful.

Why can't he do a joint, and plaster over??

The existing switch is within 150mm from the corner, and the new cable will go horizontally.

Assuming the current switch cable is within 150mm from the corner (which it appears to be), then all will be in a wiring zone.

The only thing left to think about, surely, would be HOW to join the cable so it can be plastered over safely and correctly.
That's what my original idea, but was not 100% sure whether I could do that. The cable comes from the ceiling vertically to the current location. I guess the location of the switch is a corner. Can share another picture of the room.
If I were to do this, how could I join the cable so I can plaster over safely?

Thank you all the suggestions really appreciated.

Sponsored Links
That's what my original idea, but was not 100% sure whether I could do that. The cable comes from the ceiling vertically to the current location. I guess the location of the switch is a corner. Can share another picture of the room.
If I were to do this, how could I join the cable so I can plaster over safely?

Thank you all the suggestions really appreciated.
Red in-line crimps, covered by heat shrink (not tape). You will need to re-strip the ends pf the existing wires, as they will be all squashed up.

You will need a proper crimping tool, not the rubbishy ones.

No doubt someone will have a picture.

The coloured insulated wires will need to be covered in heat shrink too.

It would also be idea to cover the cable with conduit or capping before plastering over.

Get a sparks in.......by the time you spend money buying all the correct bits you need to do the job safely you might as well get someone to do the job properly

So you may as well move the switch to what will be the correct position after the door is changed.

View attachment 296910

That was my original idea, but my wife want to fix a full side wardrobe where the switch should be position.....:(
Have you considered placing an "Architrave Switch" (in the architrave of the door) near the position suggested by EFLImpudence.

(Didn't read far enough and Notch7 beat me rto it.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back