Moved House - Existing Garage Conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I just moved into a fairly new-build Taylor Wimpey house (built around 2011) - which has had the internal garage converted into a room by the previous owner.

However, I had a question in regard to a section of the wall next to the window, it sticks out an extra 10 cm vs the rest of the wall - would anyone know what the reason for this is and can it be removed to be flush with the rest of the wall?

Main reason I ask is looking at buying a couch which is just too wide to fit here under the window.

Attachments

• tempImage2D98LE.png
    tempImage2D98LE.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 104
Sponsored Links
Probably a riser for pipe/wiring or maybe a steel.What’s directly above?

just a though
as this an internal garage within the house is that bit external forward off the main wall ??

Knock on a neighbour's door if they still have the original garage and ask for a look?
Could be a boxed in gas pipe or something obvious in a bare brick building

Sponsored Links
Soil pipe, had similar in my new build house (2012), served en suite to guest room.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back