Moved into flat dormant for 9 months Isar Ideal HE30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have recently moved to a flat and have encountered problems with firing up the boiler a Isa Ideal HE30. Can anyone help please?

1. I have used the fillling loop to set the pressure at 1.
2. The yellow gas lever is vertical with the pipe, can someone advise if this is the correct position, there is a sticker on it with left arrow as on and right arrow as off, however the vertical position is the most it can turn left.
3. The fault code on the boiler after trying to fire it up, (letter on led says d, and burner light comes on), after this led changes to alternating Ls and 9s. From the manual it appears to be overheating.

Not really sure what to do now, can anyone help please?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
brace yourself for a hefty repair bill!!

check pump is rotating, what colour is the system water? these crates don't like dirty systems.
check for any bleed points on system and get as much air out as you can from them.
check that any valves fitted actually work as they should.

and good luck.

failing all that - get rid of the junk and get a decent boiler from a manufacturer that actually cares!

Thanks for the quick reply!

Can you talk me through your points please I'm a complete novice.

check pump is rotating, what colour is the system water? these crates don't like dirty systems.

How can I access the inside to check the pump? Where can I test for the system water?

check for any bleed points on system and get as much air out as you can from them.

I know I need to bleed the radiators, where else needs to be bleeded?

check that any valves fitted actually work as they should.

Errr, unsure on the valves, are these the TVRs if applicable?

Thanks

there are loads of warmsure vans around liverpool ask one them to help you,where about are you?

Sponsored Links
Unless you have no problem throwing money at the boiler to get it working, you should start with the following:
Reset/turn boiler off, and see if it works.
If not, turn the gas valve handle 90 degrees and repeat.
Probably won't do the trick, but you have to start somewhere.

Next, make yourself a cuppa, and read through the sections in wiki, as well as the lot in FAQ. Some sections will not be relevant to your boiler, but they will still help to increase your overall knowledge about the heating and plumbing in your flat.

If it's going to L9 then it's firing, so the gas must be ok.

As said the first thing to check is the pump.

Remove the outer front cover and you will see the pump on the right.

Put a small towel under the pump and undo the silver screw in the middle.

Small amounts of water will seep out, hence the towel, but make sure no water goes on anything electrical :eek:

Insert a flat bladed screwdriver into the hole, locate it on the shaft and turn it, either way.

If it turns then the pump is not stuck and you will need an engineer in to look at the boiler.

If it is stuck, keep trying to turn it until the spindle turns.

It could also be the Diverter valve stuck in the ch position.

Call Ideal and get either their one off fix for £210, or theire fix and annual contract for £299.

Usually the cheapest way forward for an Isar owner ;)

Hi,

I have taken the cover off but the pump is not as the picture below, I have unscrewed the middle cap but it does not come fully off, water seeps out. How do I check if the pump spins in this case?

If it's going to L9 then it's firing, so the gas must be ok.

As said the first thing to check is the pump.

Remove the outer front cover and you will see the pump on the right.

Put a small towel under the pump and undo the silver screw in the middle.

Small amounts of water will seep out, hence the towel, but make sure no water goes on anything electrical :eek:

Insert a flat bladed screwdriver into the hole, locate it on the shaft and turn it, either way.

If it turns then the pump is not stuck and you will need an engineer in to look at the boiler.

If it is stuck, keep trying to turn it until the spindle turns.

It could also be the Diverter valve stuck in the ch position.

Does it say Myson on the pump, if so turning the big screw should free the pump, or at least tell you if it's working.

Cheers, will check that, anyone on the forum from Liverpool could do with getting someone in to look at it.

im from glasgow, could do with a wee daytrip

just remembered i like my hubcaps ;) ;) :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back