Moved into property ... No fuses?

Will get a pic as soon as we can, the wall lights in the living room have earths and the light switches in the kitchen are earthed.

Sponsored Links
No idea Paul! We will get an electrician out but as its Sunday I wanted to try and understand a bit more about what we have and what may need doing, I have read that in a PME system the earth leakage current is fed back to the electricity boards sub station along a neutral return wire and then to earth, but that might as well be in Chinese to me!

Sponsored Links
where it says PME system is there a green/yellow cable heading off somewhere and do you think you can trace it? don't try and wiggle cables too much to find out

Will just get an electrician out ASAP will hit the phones tomorrow!

Thank you for all your comments so far, I still don't understand electric though :eek: ;) but even I thought something wasn't quite right.

Andi
Blonde and female - I can change a plug but that's as far as my knowledge goes :oops:

Ok, that wire that is pointed out on the pic is green it then goes out of the wall at the top left of the picture where the electric comes in....does that help?

Really not happy no mention of old electrics was made in the survey and surely that should have been obvious to a valuer/surveyor.
What information was offered by your solicitor regarding the safety of the electrical systems and was there nothing that suggested in any documents you received that electrical safety could or could not be verified?
I would have a word with both surveyor and solicitor!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back