Moved radiator and missing wallpaper.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all!
We had to move the radiator and can't find same wallpaper anywhere. Can't afford to redecorate the whole room so I'm looking for ideas how to blend it so it can look ok for the time being. It's a big patch of about 160 cm wide under the window.
Any suggestions?
Or maybe someone knows the name of the wallpaper? It must be quite old as we've been in the flat for 5 years and it was painted before we did it too.
IMG_20200608_195844.jpg

Thank you in advance for all the answers!
Jo

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your reply. I'm going to but it won't cover all of it, sadly.

Sponsored Links
Can you not remove all the wall paper on that part of the wall and paint to match the wallpaper colour?

I did that after I removed an electric doorbell, I took a piece of the wallpaper to B&Q and got a colour match for a few pounds, it didn't look too bad. It was not a perfect colour match, so you would probably be better off going to a proper paint supplier.

Thanks for both replies. I don't have the wallpaper as it was done ages before we moved in. I decided to put a piece of plain wallpaper and paint it with the colour that we used in this room. We're going to buy a piece of furniture and getting a white board or painting it with a black magnetic paint that our little one can use for his art and letters/numbers. It's his room anyway so I think he'll love it. And it will hopefully not be too noticeable after all. At least I'm hoping!
Thanks again!

Other stash places are behind the kitchen plinths and any bath panel. Or used as shelf protection.
I was looking at wallpaper a while back, and a pattern I remember from my bedroom thirty years ago came up, so there's a chance, especially if it's the plain white stuff which is easily painted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back