Moving a cooker gas point

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am wanting to move the gas cooker to a differnet part of the kitchen. I'm wanting to re-route the point as easily as possible without ripping up floors and chiselling out walls.

Is there anyway that I can convert the exisiting point to 15mm/22mm copper, by means of a convertor and run the pipe to the new location, then attaching the new bayonet socket in the new location.

Sponsored Links
Why tut tut, I want to know what my options are so that when a plumber/engineer calls, I know that I'm not being ripped off if there is an easy solution to my problem.

I just want to make sure that someone doesn't make a bigger job out of what could be a simple job.

It all depends on how far you're moving it, what the current length (and bore) of the gas pipe is, how many bends it takes to get there, etc..

If it's being moved a comparitavely short distance, and the meter is not too far away, chances are, the existing plumbing could just be extended. You may even, already have a closer point available. Quite often there are old plugged outlets in other areas in the kitchen (where someone else has moved it from in the past).

It maybe best to get a fitter in to give you an estimate and see what he comes up with. If he insists that the floor has got to be ripped up, then post again with more information on the route of the current pipe run etc..

If on the other hand, he says that he can just extend the current pipework, No worries eh?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back