Moving a toilet 4 meters?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there guys,
I know that there has been a few posts in the past but non of them covered this point and I was wondering what your thoughts are.
I need to move a toilet 4 meters from main stack.
I know maximum distance with build reg is 6 meters as long as you have the right fall, luckily I have a large floor cavity and the joists are in the correct way, as well as the distance is one straight line with no bends.

I know it is possible to do but I was wondering if it would be a good idea to make the cistern larger to hold more water and hence have more liquid when it's being flushed.

And does anyone know if such a cistern exists as my local plumbing shop looked at me as if I said pigs can fly when I asked.

Cheers guys.

Tom

Sponsored Links
I did some more research and found that they use to be 9Lt cisterns but now it's 6Lt to be more environmentally friendly.

Which I support, but I worry that if I run a 4.2 meter long pipe to the waist having 6Lt of water might not be enough.

Has anyone done something similar at their home, has a 6Lt been enough?

Cheers again for the help.

How long do you think all the underground drains from peoples houses to the sewers are?

I'd bet that some are four meters longer than yours...

Sponsored Links
RF Lighting is spot on! :LOL: With soil pipe fitted to correct fall there should be absolutely no problems. You may find however, one flush is insufficient to clear the pan, but this is down to the flush, not the soil pipe..... (In an attempt to save water you actually use an extra 3 litres, by flushing 6 litres twice instead of 9 once!) :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back