Moving bathroom to opposite side of stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all!

I'm considering an offer on a flat (victorian conversion). However, given some of the works I'd like to do, it would require moving one of the bathrooms to the opposite side of the property (and so to the opposite side of the stack). I've attached the floorplan - I'd want to move the tiny ensuite into the large main bedroom - I've highlighted the area I want to move it to in green.

I'll obviously get my own builder in as well, but just wanted to see people's opinions about whether it's possible/straightforward to put an en-suite there (maybe elevated?), and run the pipes horizontally towards the other main bathroom? There's no possibility to run pipes along the side of that bedroom and out the front. I'm likely to have to change all the flooring anyway, so if the pipes need to run under the floor, taking it up shouldn't really be an issue.

Any info/suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Bump! Anyone with any ideas? Should probably have mentioned that there is another flat below that one.

The only way to do it is to use a macerator to pump the waste from the new en-suite along a 22mm pipe. You would be extremely luck to get a new 100mm pipe right across the building and have a fall on it.
Frank

Sponsored Links
You cannot have a macerator as the only W.C. When, (not if), it packs up, you have no W.C. in the dwelling. Must have an additional facility on a conventional drain, macerator's (if you must use one) can only be used on a second W.C.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back